East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

9 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Regan Hendry got offered a lot more money to join another club and signed for Raith, so I wouldn’t say it was impossible that Callachan would come back.

Dundee already have about 18 central midfielders, so goodness knows why they’d be interested, although James McPake does appear to be a dunderheid, so who knows?

Falkirk appear determined to get him, alas it would seem to be one piece at a time after our recent encounter.

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.

A phrase I’ve never used before a Fife Derby “East Fife to Win”

Agree, sadly. A combination of us missing a lot of players (six, by the sounds of it), those that are available being half-fit/totally out of form, and East Fife being a good team in good form.

Having said that, in the last quarter we failed to beat Dumbarton and Forfar at home, drew at Clyde and lost at Peterhead, but beat Airdrie, won at Montrose who were flying and drew at Falkirk with half a team. So maybe we’ll win here and draw with Peterhead at Starks next week.

We really have to be trying to get the maximum points here if all these injuries are actually true. Can't really work out if Spencer and/or Matthews is injured for Raith, some amount of rabble on this thread and the RR thread about it. Fingers crossed Anderson doesn't make it, we're pretty much at full-strength (aside Dunlop), and I hope that having Wallace back for this can make the difference especially to what seems like it'll be a bit of a patchwork defence in places.

ETA - seems our latest output has it down as "no tickets available", not sure if that means Rovers have sold out their end as well as us?

Edited by Big Fifer

20 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

ETA - seems our latest output has it down as "no tickets available", not sure if that means Rovers have sold out their end as well as us?

Raith are still selling tickets today, according to their website

I went to the Dumbarton game and as a result any strong motivation to attend this game left me. I can wait until the Peterhead home game on January 4th for my next Rovers fix.

We’ve been disrupted by injuries (and now suspensions) to key players since October and going by the second quarter points total, that’s had an effect. We’ve actually done pretty well to still be top of the league, all things considered.

We looked a good side at the start of the season, then we got Vaughan back and I dared to dream this could be the season. Then Vaughan got injured but I still thought we could do it. Then Hendry got injured. Then Armstrong came back. Then he got injured. Then Hendry came back from injury. Now Spencer is having issues. It’s all a bit up and down and not enough players are stepping up. Brad Spencer is a great player and he at least tries to take on the role of leader on the park. Who else is willing to do this? None of the other forwards or the shrinking band of midfielders seem interested.

East Fife are a much improved side and I would have them as slight favourites here. Apart from that game where Airdrie humped them and that non-league side who also put four past them, they’ve had a good season. They have managed to win away at the likes of Stranraer and Peterhead, where we’ve failed.

Looking at the form guide we’re pretty evenly matched, but given our sick list, I’m anything but confident about this game.

EEDD8B8D-D78E-4DF5-A891-B83E798E8045.png

We really have to be trying to get the maximum points here if all these injuries are actually true. Can't really work out if Spencer and/or Matthews is injured for Raith, some amount of rabble on this thread and the RR thread about it. Fingers crossed Anderson doesn't make it, we're pretty much at full-strength (aside Dunlop), and I hope that having Wallace back for this can make the difference especially to what seems like it'll be a bit of a patchwork defence in places.

For this comment alone I hope we hammer you ya methil tink

Spencer isn’t injured, the poster was on the wind up. Matthews has/had tonsillitis on Tuesday so not sure if he will still be ill come Saturday.

We can’t blame a defeat on injuries, we will have a strong enough squad available. If we lose then I’ll be down to a lack of quality and passion rather than a lack of numbers.

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Spencer isn’t injured, the poster was on the wind up. Matthews has/had tonsillitis on Tuesday so not sure if he will still be ill come Saturday.

We can’t blame a defeat on injuries, we will have a strong enough squad available. If we lose then I’ll be down to a lack of quality and passion rather than a lack of numbers.

Can we blame it on suspension? Super Davo the fans favourite is still missing? 

Only 30 tickets left.

7607CE1E-17D9-4998-BF90-3144E913EEA0.png

Good going on ticket sales so it's looking like a sell out for the game at both ends.  Raith TV for me unfortunately as I have to work.  Suspensions are our own fault and the injuries have been bad luck which hopefully will hit the other teams in the league too as the season progresses.  Happy to still be top after our selection problems but this league is extremely tight and will surely go to whoever has a bit of luck on the injury front in the second half of the season.  Expect a tough game tomorrow and hopefully we've got less of a makeshift defence out on the field otherwise I can't see past an East Fife win.  Interesting to see the last 8 games i'd have thought we'd have dropped more points than Falkirk and East Fife with the selection issues we've had so well done to the lads for grinding out results.  Hopefully we can get a few players back in January and try to push on.   

11 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Without a doubt the above  has to be the cringiest/saddest post I have ever seen on P& B!!

How can you possibly compare one with the other in terms of poverty, given the austerity suffered by many because of the government we have in London? 

A lamentable almost unbelievable post!!             

Listen bud, nick along to the Levenmouth Foodbank in Bowling Green Street in Methil and ask the staff there about the exponential increase in Foobank use over the last 5 years in Levenmouth.                         

I am sure it is no worse or better than Kirkcaldy, but.to be using poverty levels between two towns as oneupmanship on P&B............get a grip man. 

There but for the grace of God etc etc. go many others.

Clearly the opening line was dig at the poor kids in methil which isnt called for in the slightest. My response was mearly stating a fact and wasnt aimed at kids but purely the junkies and wasters of kirkcaldy. 

Think the problem for us tomorrow is attitude , every game East Fife have looked up for it and played it like a derby us on the other hand are a rabbits caught in headlights apart from the first derby under Barry Smith and in the other games we have either stole or got lucky with points not against a more superior team but a team who fights and knows what a derby is about

38 minutes ago, MethilMink said:

Clearly the opening line was dig at the poor kids in methil which isnt called for in the slightest. My response was mearly stating a fact and wasnt aimed at kids but purely the junkies and wasters of kirkcaldy. 

Clearly Kirkcaldy will have a higher level of deprivation we have a bigger population than levenmouth however what’s this got to do with football ! 

13 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

There will be championship teams like dunfermline (who are losing two midfielders back ro hearts supposedly) who would surely be higher up in the pecking order to take him. 

Not sure, if we lose Mcdonald then Callachan isn't going to be a replacement, if we lose Cochrane then Crawford might judge Thompson to be his replacement, who's just come back from injury. 

I could see Partick, Ayr and QoTS being interested, AJ tried to sign Callachan before.