East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

Our full strength team would beat that lot every day of the week. That was their full team today and that's why we get frustrated they were ok but nothing special. 
Wasn't it as near a 'full strength' team back in August when you're 'not so shite' line up got beat 4-2? [emoji848]

59 minutes ago, rob71 said:

Wasn't it as near a 'full strength' team back in August when you're 'not so shite' line up got beat 4-2? emoji848.png

We were indeed. Only had Victoria, Smith, Vaughan, Dingwall and Thomson missing that day. S. Anderson, Baird and Armstrong still to sign at that point too. But aye apart from that we were full strength...

1 hour ago, Rob Smith said:

It wasn’t our full team today. Keep up! 

Missing 1 player were you's

Half of them have missed most of the season!!

By my reckoning we were 8 players short!

Fife..?

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Some support this afternoon from the fans. Take it from me that the players loved it!

Keep it going please...

Shame more of em' can't make it to Bayview more often.

Edited by Scottydog

Also credit to East Fife for an excellent away crowd. It always annoys me when the Old Firm get praised for taking 3-4k to away games when in reality it is a tiny fraction of their home support. Must’ve been close to 500 East Fife fans which, without sounding patronising, is about 90% of their regular home crowds. Very good effort. Quiet second half but made plenty of noise first half and added a lot to the atmosphere.

Good turnout from our side too. Surprised to hear the crowd was almost 3000 too. Comfortably bigger crowd than the Falkirk game which I didn’t expect. 

Happy with a draw keeps our unbeaten record going . On the balance of play in the 2nd half if Raith had a decent striker they should have scored a couple of easy chances. Ryan Wallace a big miss but if your unbeaten and play poorly it’s good not to loose and keep the unbeaten run going. If both teams are honest it was a game lacking in any real quality but a point away from home against one of your promotion rivals isn’t bad when you have beaten them at home . So that equates to 4 points to one . A long way to go 25 games but I’ve not seen anything in this league to worry me yet. 

Total anticlimax where I believe both teams had their worst display of the season in front of a very decent crowd. Both teams couldn't put two or three passes together and the referee stopped play on the slightest contact preventing any decent flow to the game. Our defence gave Rovers too much space and time on the ball which has not been happening recently but thankfully Rovers were woeful in front of goal. Darren's tactics did not work for me today with defenders bypassing midfield and playing 50/50 balls down the wings or up to Anton who did not look sharp and sadly missed Ryan Wallace although Steve Boyd tried hard and took his goal well. All in all I would have taken a point before the game so the result suited us better than the Rovers. Great to see a big Fife support, pity about the edgy performance.

53 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Also credit to East Fife for an excellent away crowd. It always annoys me when the Old Firm get praised for taking 3-4k to away games when in reality it is a tiny fraction of their home support. Must’ve been close to 500 East Fife fans which, without sounding patronising, is about 90% of their regular home crowds. Very good effort. Quiet second half but made plenty of noise first half and added a lot to the atmosphere.

Good turnout from our side too. Surprised to hear the crowd was almost 3000 too. Comfortably bigger crowd than the Falkirk game which I didn’t expect. 

Thought the atmosphere was pretty poor and much better at the Falkirk game with 150 odd less of a crowd