Missing Stats on the Highland League

highlandstats

As you can see I am doing a very foolish try to get my Highland League Stats in order:  https://twitter.com/highlandstats

Until now the biggest challenges are Yellow Cards and Missing Subs (including minutes). Especially at Fort William, Strathspey Thistle, Buckie Thistle, Keith and Forres Mechanics the public data is limited. All though I got some help from Forres already. 

Below my list of missing items. Is there anybody that can help me?

image.thumb.png.575f72fa5bc2c26f62f44b3c4f47381f.png

Thanks Jimmy - I will need the luck. I think I have all team line-ups until now bytheway. There is also a LIVE scoring website ( https://staging.wesoccer.co.uk/en/fixtures/2019-7-27 ) but it looks to give different quality of data for different games, lots of cards and subs missing.

Are there any local newspapers that do any statistical recording of Highland matches? If yes. which ones?

As a Lossiemouth supporter were you at the home game against Huntly? Is it correct that outside the RED CARD there was no yellow cards at all on both sides?

image.png.027b32d0f8af79b801beffd790903b51.png

Watch out for wesoccer being completely unreliable. Double check that with club websites and Twitter. Half a dozen clubs do it properly, the rest.... don’t.

As for Huntly @ Lossie, it was indeed card free other than Storrier’s injury time off-field tantrum.

As for league stats, your best source is either the Press and Journal, or the threads on Fitba North I keep up to date.

Already found differences in wesoccer. So cannot agree more. 

On the Huntly game, is it correct there were only 2 subs for Huntly (while in Highland mostly 3 are used)?

I have registered for Fitba North - but it seems somebody needs to let me in. 

Does Press and Journal have line-ups and subs with minutes? As well as cards with minutes in their paper edition? If yes, are there online subscriptions?

Your account on Fitba North is now live so get posting.

The Press and Journal does reports, occasional features and other bits, but there’s nowt extra in their online edition. Now they’re a Dundee paper they’ll probably lose interest. What they do post is an odd mix of wrong, and reports cobbled together from Twitter feeds.

21 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The very best of luck with that. Just getting teamlines and subs out of the clubs is hard enough.

Yes, getting reliable and consistent data on almost any aspect of the Highland League is difficult. Good luck though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Trying to fill in my Groundhopper App and it doesn’t have a game I attended on auto-select.

Any Locos fans remember the date of your 8-2 home win v Cove?

I was there and am sure it was maybe 15-20 years ago now

6th Dec 2003.

Goals from:

ILW: Richie Singer 19,50; Craig Ross 21, 73; Andy Low 24, 37; John Young (pen) 36; Andy Walker 39.
Cove: Nicky Gordon 18, 84