Junior Teams Fans Travelling Arrangements

I'm interested to know most junior teams fans travelling arrangements.
I was at the Dalry v S Rochs game and St Rochs had a good support with them. Beith game at Newlandsfield v Pollok had a good support.
I know Pollok are looking to arrange a fans coach for their long distance Scottish cup tie.
The game yesterday Maryhill at home to Shettleston, most Shettleston supporters I suppose would make their own way as its not far.

Who arranges transport. Do fans make their own way or do any junior teams put a bus on for Fans. ?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
More detail

I hire a bus

( 1920 St Rochs Supporters Club ) which is independent of the football club and we have members who pay there dues every week to ensure we can afford to pay for the buses throughout the season .

The club have also helped us out with costs and the players also donated to pay for one of the away games last season and when that happens i hire a bigger bus and non members travel for free

We also have a lot of fans who drive down and or use public transport

On Wednesday night a good few came by train

I'm interested to know most junior teams fans travelling arrangements. I was at the Dalry v S Rochs game and St Rochs had a good support with them. Beith game at Newlandsfield v Pollok had a good support.

I know Pollok are looking to arrange a fans coach for their long distance Scottish cup tie.

The game yesterday Maryhill at home to Shettleston, most Shettleston supporters I suppose would make their own way as its not far.

Who arranges transport. Do fans make their own way or do any junior teams put a bus on for Fans. ?

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I hire a bus
( 1920 St Rochs Supporters Club ) which is independent of the football club and we have members who pay there dues every week to ensure we can afford to pay for the buses throughout the season .
The club have also helped us out with costs and the players also donated to pay for one of the away games last and when that happens we hire a bigger bus and non members travel for free

That sounds excellent and well organised 

Some clubs have bigger away supports than others. Probably more easier now with the level of car ownership to get to the more out the way Junior grounds. I've been travelling to Junior grounds for 50 years. There are clubs out there with no away support outside of a couple of committee men or the occasional family member watching son or grandson. Which is sad considering a couple of generations ago the same teams probably played an away cup tie in the 1950/60s and 10,000 or more turned up. The biggest away crowd i've seen recently outside of a cup tie was Irvine Meadow playing at Barrhead in a play off in 2018 and several hundred turned up from Ayrshire.

I doubt there's more than 15 teams out of 63 in the West that run a supporters bus to league games. Even the joint team/committee/supporters thing has long gone for most clubs outside of maybe a cup tie. Most of the players now have cars. 

Surprising i occasionly still see Junior fans coming and going through Central Station. Even over the years overheard some interesting conversations involving fans from Senior club trying to work out why anybody would be bothered go to the effort of watching Junior football. Funniest one on a train with Pollok and St Mirren fans and the Buddies looking slightly embarrassed when they found out the black and white scarfs didn't get off the train along with them at Kilmarnock. Pollok were playing Talbot away. You support who??????

Btw the smaller the Senior team the more funnier it is.

Don't ever cross the Big Two (you know who i mean) on a train. Those fans especially the younger ones regard Junior fans as though you were from another planet. Yer gone to watch who?

22 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I hire a bus

The club have also helped us out with costs and the players also donated to pay for one of the away games last season and when that happens i hire a bigger bus and non members travel for free

We also have a lot of fans who drive down and or use public transport

On Wednesday night a good few came by train

That must be an interesting supporters bus when it's crossing the Kingston Bridge the same time as a game at Ibrox. Do the Senior fans wave at you?

17 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

How many you think you will bring on Saturday 

Do you have good pies? 250 to 300 I would imagine. The away support has fallen away with the senior Scottish Cup ties for Talbot to some extent due to the novelty of the competition having worn off. When we played at Lossiemouth in 2011 the crowd was 697, and their average home gate that season was approximately 85. It was strange seeing the away fans outnumber the home support in such numbers, but it was only our second season in the competition.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Do you have good pies? 250 to 300 I would imagine. The away support has fallen away with the senior Scottish Cup ties for Talbot to some extent due to the novelty of the competition having worn off. When we played at Lossiemouth in 2011 the crowd was 697, and their average home gate that season was approximately 85. It was strange seeing the away fans outnumber the home support in such numbers, but it was only our second season in the competition.

I've never had a pie strangely enough but I'm sure they will be ok