Queens v Alloa

An officially terrible start.

There's just a real lack of quality about us, particularly in midfield.

We've actually had a relatively 'easy' start to this campaign given who we've had to play.  We've really struggled though, and it's difficult now to see where wins might arrive.

Quite simply, not enough of our current personnel are good enough for this division.

Watching football on a windy day on that “apology for a football pitch” is enough to disillusion the most ardent of supporters. Quite simply an awful spectacle from start to finish. Lose the first goal against Alloa and you face a wall of 10 outfield players behind the ball and no space to operate. We certainly didn’t have the guile or personnel to create any meaningful chances. They were every bit as poor as we were but that matters little when they head home with 3 points safely tucked away in the satchel.

Failure to recruit some quality additions will inevitably result in a long hard relegation battle and while Partick, Dunfermline, Morton and the two PT teams all look equally as poor as we do that is little consolation.

Watching football on a windy day on that “apology for a football pitch” is enough to disillusion the most ardent of supporters. Quite simply an awful spectacle from start to finish. Lose the first goal against Alloa and you face a wall of 10 outfield players behind the ball and no space to operate. We certainly didn’t have the guile or personnel to create any meaningful chances. They were every bit as poor as we were but that matters little when they head home with 3 points safely tucked away in the satchel.

Failure to recruit some quality additions will inevitably result in a long hard relegation battle and while Partick, Dunfermline, Morton and the two PT teams all look equally as poor as we do that is little consolation.

A little patience please guys, please!

Glad to see we are just a little less shitter than use.

I don't see why. I had watched Annan only days before and didn't think Arbroath looked any better on the day we played them.

Mate you lads didn't look any better than Elgin going by performances against us but you're clearly a far better team

Our team that won L1 last season would've pumped our team that won L2, a league I don't think Annan have been out of or have ever come close to winning

Mate you lads didn't look any better than Elgin going by performances against us but you're clearly a far better team

Our team that won L1 last season would've pumped our team that won L2, a league I don't think Annan have been out of or have ever come close to winning

I wouldn't argue with you that we were no better than Elgin though if you were basing it on what you saw. Obviously you are a better side than Annan but going on the performances you weren't any better on the day IMO. It's not unusual for sides to have off days.

Did you think you were anything other than that, out of interest? 

Any time Alloa won a game last season it was because the other time where shit. So the same patter has started this season.

We can take positives from today clean sheet, first victory of season and off the bottom of the league.

Any time Alloa won a game last season it was because the other time where shit. So the same patter has started this season.

We can take positives from today clean sheet, first victory of season and off the bottom of the league.

We were shit. You were equally shit but you took a chance. Last season in the 3-3 game where Dobbie bailed us out I was very impressed with Alloa. Had we not had a firing Dobbie that day you'd have deservedly won. I was very complimentary of Alloa that day. I actually went back to look at what I posted:-

"First off, I expect any time Alloa pick up points on the road this season they'll read opposition fans saying their own side was shite, so I don't want it to come across like Alloa only got a result because of us. Alloa fully deserved a point today and can feel hard done by not getting all 3. I'll be quite surprised if they are miles away at the bottom come the end of the season. They certainly don't look like they're here to just make up the numbers."

So I'm certainly not saying Alloa only won because we were poor. We were awful but Alloa looked nowhere near as good as the side we faced around the same time last year. If that side managed 8th I expect this side will be right down there (with us) this season. It's a good result for Alloa and plenty of positives but if you come up against sides capable of playing a through ball and actually being able of hitting the target at least once then I expect you'll be on the end of a few defeats this season.

It wasn’t all about how shit we were, that would be unfair on Alloa. Without delving too far into a book of cliches, they were organised, hard to break down, defended in numbers and were clinical in scoring from one of their few chances. Pretty much a dream away performance for a match in which you are the underdog and the Alloa fans will rightfully be loving it.

It’s also very reasonable to claim we were shit though. Not a single attempt on goal is unacceptable in any home game regardless of the opposition.