Queens v Alloa

Even this early in the season it is a very important game for Queens. 

Hopefully we will have 2 new signings in think Oliver will be out hopefully Semple will be back .

Really need to start taking our chances we only have 1 goal so far which is a worry Dobbie looks lost without Dykes 

Hopefully we will have 2 new signings in think Oliver will be out hopefully Semple will be back .
Really need to start taking our chances we only have 1 goal so far which is a worry Dobbie looks lost without Dykes 
It really is mind boggling how Dobbie managed to reach such heights without Lyndon Dykes. I reckon he would have been a Champions League winner if only Dykes had been around much earlier.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Give it a rest Dobbie has played 75min of league football this season coming back from a 5 week injury, linking up with new team mates doesn't happen straight away, looks to me like Dobbie Oliver & Faiss could be a good working front 3.

As for being lost without Dykes! 😂 

AJ knows this is a extremely important game. Next 2 home games are important.

Definite a must win game. But as we know our record against Alloa is shocking. So no surprise if it’s a draw.

I'm not expecting much from this after last week.

We started the game with such intent and purpose and really took the game to Ayr, but quickly turned into a disjointed gang after the setbacks of Oliver going off and then losing the goal.  Both were clearly a blow, but you need to have a bit of backbone and overcome them.  Much like last season we seem low on leadership on the park.  Too many players either playing for themselves, or buck passing onto someone else.  A 20% fit (being generous) Dobbie can't carry this team on his own.

After the well documented issues the past couple of seasons it is promising that we seem to have gained a 'keeper who can deal with things in the air.  The only downside is he seems to struggle with low shots straight at him.  Given the conditions, if Alloa go for a "shoot on sight" strategy this afternoon we could be in trouble.

If Oliver is fit to start then I'm confident. Even when he went off I thought we did ok last week but there's no question we looked considerably weaker when he left. We started to lose the midfield, be that because Lyon wasn't up to much or because our shape changed, I don't know. But had Oliver stayed on I reckon we'd have won last week.

El Bak looks to me like a goal will do wonders for his confidence. I've been pleased with him so far and hopefully a goal arrives. I still think McCrorie was unsighted last week but other than a strike from Forrest in the second half we contained Ayr easily. Even dealing with crosses.

I'm going to be super positive for once and go 3-0 Queens (if Oliver starts).

Queens odds have gone from 6/5 yesterday to 3/5 now. Do Alloa have selection problems?
Wouldn't be touching us now at that price after seeing the line-up.

Paton in for Kidd. Lyon starts and no Oliver. Hopefully Paton pulls his socks up and another week has benefitted Lyon as he looked lost last week. We can't afford two passengers in midfield.

IMG-20190831-WA0003.jpeg

Pretty pish. We've edged it without doing anything of note really. I'm really hoping the wind is playing it's part as we look very sluggish going forward. Hopefully with the wind behind us in this half we are a bit slicker.