Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

Is it a shock though ? Did Airdrie fans not attack Boab Douglas at Forfar a few years ago purely because he as a Catholic ? I’m sure they have a history of bigotry.

Yes. Luckily all other players and supporters in the ground were Protestant so avoided our wrath.
“Boab” Douglas. Trying too hard.

22 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Neither team can claim to have done enough to win that. Given last week, it was encouraging to see an organised, committed, well balanced side. Defence looked solid, wide players did well, and strikers did well with limited chances. Guys in midfield worked hard and did well, but I still think that is the glaring weakness offensively. We just offer nothing in a creative sense from there which is making it very difficult to create chances. Thomson didn't really work in there but I'm at least encouraged that Murray recognises we have a need for some attacking drive in there.

Not entirely convinced that is the system to get us through the season but I think we have to just stick with it for a few weeks and see what happens. Perhaps once players settle into the system we will see some better attacking combinations.

Falkirk looked poor, constantly tried and failed to get through the middle (one exception being the chance in the first half), seemed like most attacks ended by them being forced wide to a full-back who would swing in a cross from about 40 yards out which, even if they won the header, were never going to be able to do anything with. They are going to face that performance every week in this league, I can totally see how Clyde beat them last week and how they haven't scored away from home yet. You can be certain that continuing to play such a narrow system and punting balls in the box from deep is not going to work in this league.

f**k McKinnon and give this guy the job. He’s spot on

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I ask because I feel a bit differently to Falkirk now than I did before we left Brockville. We moved to Ochilview for a season while the new place was being built and also wore an all blue strip that season which is just not us. Don't feel as detached now as I did at the time (despite all of the current shenanigans) but it does still feel a wee bit different tbh.

That's a different question.  I don't feel the same about Airdrie as I did when I was 7, they were playing a old Broomfield, Bukta made our strip and I played tig with my mates on the terracing.

I love it when some smug tit turns up to sneer at the old Airdrie's demise, especially those who's sense of superiority is bolstered by their club managing to avoid a similar fate.
They're the football equivalent of that Twitter arsehole who claimed there is no such thing as food poverty after making a stir fry for £5.
We saved our club, you let yours die thats the difference.

3 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
4 hours ago, stuartcraig said:
I love it when some smug tit turns up to sneer at the old Airdrie's demise, especially those who's sense of superiority is bolstered by their club managing to avoid a similar fate.
They're the football equivalent of that Twitter arsehole who claimed there is no such thing as food poverty after making a stir fry for £5.

We saved our club, you let yours die thats the difference.

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Airdrie fans conclude we are shite, garbage and horrendous. All true and they still didn't have a shot on goal all game that trouble either of our keepers.

I really wish we were as good as them.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Airdrie fans conclude we are shite, garbage and horrendous. All true and they still didn't have a shot on goal all game that trouble either of our keepers.

I really wish we were as good as them.

You already are. 

Short of your drubbing of possibly the worst Dumbarton team in recent history, you’ve been poor. So have Airdrie. 

You have fans who think you’re better than you are and wonder where it all went wrong since ‘the glory days’.  Snap. 

You’re in League 1. Snap again.

welcome to mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

You already are. 

Short of your drubbing of possibly the worst Dumbarton team in recent history, you’ve been poor. So have Airdrie. 

You have fans who think you’re better than you are and wonder where it all went wrong since ‘the glory days’.  Snap. 

welcome to mediocrity. 

I was wondering why this sounded all very familiar.

Is that Falkirk TV highlights a piss take?  12 minutes of absolutely fuck all.

ICT have 9 minutes of highlights with 5 goals, a missed penalty and various other great chances.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Is that Falkirk TV highlights a piss take?  12 minutes of absolutely f**k all.

ICT have 9 minutes of highlights with 5 goals, a missed penalty and various other great chances.

Why in the name of sanity would you watch a 0-0 draw, from the league below, in which you have absolutely no interest?

I'm a Falkirk fan and have not watched any of our highlights all season, such is my current ennui with the club. The stories coming back of our performances mean I think I've been wise.

33 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why in the name of sanity would you watch a 0-0 draw, from the league below, in which you have absolutely no interest?

I'm a Falkirk fan and have not watched any of our highlights all season, such is my current ennui with the club. The stories coming back of our performances mean I think I've been wise.

Errrrm, for the comedy act that is the Falkirk TV commentary team?  Is that not why everyone watches them?

You already are. 

welcome to mediocrity. 

At no point have I said we were any good.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

At no point have I said we were any good.

That doesn't matter. Opposition fans apparently think that all Falkirk fans think that we are brilliant and will win the league with a record points total without actually checking to see if that's the case.