Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We won’t get a response today as they are all down their local lodge watching the game.

24 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

To be fair, letting their club die was Rangersy as f**k.

That's it fellas - keep your mind off of Falkirk's gash performance yesterday. You guys couldn't have been happy after that ah?  After all the talk of strolling the league, record points totals etc etc.   The conceit was breathtaking.  But reality that its not going to be easy is slowly but surely setting in - as are the excuses - teams playing defensive set ups, poor pitches - can see the weather being blamed when you play East Fife at Methil....

Anyway, sorry about bringing up yesterday's game  - I'll let you get back to deflection.

16 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

That's it fellas - keep your mind off of Falkirk's gash performance yesterday. You guys couldn't have been happy after that ah?  After all the talk of strolling the league, record points totals etc etc.   The conceit was breathtaking.  But reality that its not going to be easy is slowly but surely setting in - as are the excuses - teams playing defensive set ups, poor pitches - can see the weather being blamed when you play East Fife at Methil....

Anyway, sorry about bringing up yesterday's game  - I'll let you get back to deflection.

bigtimesharkdoododododo.gif

3 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Very clever! And here's me thinking you were just being a cnut.

I love it when some smug tit turns up to sneer at the old Airdrie's demise, especially those who's sense of superiority is bolstered by their club managing to avoid a similar fate.

They're the football equivalent of that Twitter arsehole who claimed there is no such thing as food poverty after making a stir fry for £5.

I love it when some smug tit turns up to sneer at the old Airdrie's demise, especially those who's sense of superiority is bolstered by their club managing to avoid a similar fate.
They're the football equivalent of that Twitter arsehole who claimed there is no such thing as food poverty after making a stir fry for £5.

Oh, our turn may be much sooner than you think if this takeover succeeds. So no sense of superiority here, by any sense of the imagination.
However, by parading those flags nowadays you don’t half set yourselves up for a justified ribbing....

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

As a matter of interest, do you still feel like you're supporting the original Airdrieonians (assuming you were around at the time) or does it seem like watching a completely new club?

Oh, our turn may be much sooner than you think if this takeover succeeds. So no sense of superiority here, by any sense of the imagination.
However, by parading those flags nowadays you don’t half set yourselves up for a justified ribbing....

Can I ask why other fans take offence at the flying of the union flag ? The flag of Great Britain .... are we not all British ? ..if you were looking at flags yesterday you would have seen the lion rampant also the Scottish saltire in our end as well as we are also proudly Scottish ... what’s your point ??

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As a matter of interest, do you still feel like you're supporting the original Airdrieonians (assuming you were around at the time) or does it seem like watching a completely new club?

Same club.  My dad started taking me to old Broomfield in the late 70s.  He bought me a pie and bovril each match.  I started taking my boy to New Broomfield a few years back.  I buy him a pie and bovril each match.

Can I ask why other fans take offence at the flying of the union flag ? The flag of Great Britain .... are we not all British ? ..if you were looking at flags yesterday you would have seen the lion rampant also the Scottish saltire in our end as well as we are also proudly Scottish ... what’s your point ??

Think you know it’s got much wider connotations in the West of Scotland....

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it a shock though ? Did Airdrie fans not attack Boab Douglas at Forfar a few years ago purely because he as a Catholic ? I’m sure they have a history of bigotry.

No, you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers

Edited by AB1974

32 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Same club.  My dad started taking me to old Broomfield in the late 70s.  He bought me a pie and bovril each match.  I started taking my boy to New Broomfield a few years back.  I buy him a pie and bovril each match.

I ask because I feel a bit differently to Falkirk now than I did before we left Brockville. We moved to Ochilview for a season while the new place was being built and also wore an all blue strip that season which is just not us. Don't feel as detached now as I did at the time (despite all of the current shenanigans) but it does still feel a wee bit different tbh.