Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Well that too... but I spent most of last season thinking he was about 36.

I actually thought you were doing the Anti Niemi joke I didn’t for a minute think he was only 28 either. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:
4 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:
Nobody mentioned wing back.

Explain what position he's playing when he's the wide right in a 5, when playing a 352 then?

Right winger in a 5 or right midfield in a narrower  4. 

Toshney would be my right sided defender with the intention of going no further than the halfway line. We should be able to play with 3 defenders against any side in this league as we should dominate most matches. Pretty much all teams will play 1 up top against us, I can’t see why that requires more than 3 in defence. Longridge on the right (and similarly McLean on the left) would not be expected to have to come deep into their own half under that setup. I’d prefer to play Tidser further forward behind the 2 strikers. Call that a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2, I’m not that arsed, but that’s how I’d set up most weeks.

The only position Id start Longridge is up front or just off a striker, he is far from match practice and it has shown and with no reserve games to get him up to scratch either, we may be waiting a while to see if he can prove he is worth an extension...I wouldnt start him at all tho !!

Our problem is having 4 centre mids(2 more if you include Miller and Toshney) and most weeks having 3 playing and 2 or 3 not turning up on the day. This for me is down to Rays formation, tactics and his forumula to attack is hoof it the striker or pass pass pass pass pass, cut back to a full back to hoof it in the box.

His formations arent fully the problem its more getting the best out of what he has the problem and that's with him working with the majority of the players previously whom he has signed.

If we do manage a win on Saturday, its only gonna paper over the cracks long term with him remaining as far as I am concerned

7 hours ago, Trump said:

As much as I’m not McKinnons biggest fan, this is a load of nonsense.

Sorry, but the facts say differently. Of course, we have won the occasional game away from home, but I have yet to see him set us up with the express intention of winning away games. He plays for a point away from home. He has done it at every club he has managed. Ask around.

Look again at what he values. It’s there in his Linkedin profile.....unbeaten runs. You get those by being very good, or being risk aversed. He is the latter.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, but the facts say differently. Of course, we have won the occasional game away from home, but I have yet to see him set us up with the express intention of winning away games. He plays for a point away from home. He has done it at every club he has managed. Ask around.

Look again at what he values. It’s there in his Linkedin profile.....unbeaten runs. You get those by being very good, or being risk aversed. He is the latter.

I'm guessing it was based on the 1 up top claim that you made

As Mr Dust said, you’ve just made up the one up front thing. His tactics can be cautious and negative and doesn’t always get the best out of players at times, but to say he only plays one up front is just factually incorrect. I’m not going to interact further on this.

Edited to add, Mr Dust didn’t say that but the reference is right. Apologies Mr Dust.

I would go 2-3-5 every week against these pub teams.

A bit much.
However I’d actually quite like to see us start 3-4-3 and force the opposition deep in their own box from the start.
We ought to have enough quality at the back and in the middle to stave off counter attacks at this level.
Just an opinion though....

40 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You’re in the same league you muppet.

40 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You’re in the same league you muppet.

That's why I would go 2-5-3 against the pub teams.

It is quite difficult to play against these pub teams if you are not in the same league.

What a genius you are :D

2 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I would go 2-3-5 every week against these pub teams.

It’s this sort of arrogant smugness that makes me look forward to the end of the season when you’ve fucked up your promotion chances, have to spend another season in the seaside league and suffer financial difficulty due to over spending on and being stuck with full time players who think they’re better than they are.

2-1 Airdrie

13 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It’s this sort of arrogant smugness that makes me look forward to the end of the season when you’ve fucked up your promotion chances, have to spend another season in the seaside league and suffer financial difficulty due to over spending on and being stuck with full time players who think they’re better than they are.

2-1 Airdrie

Calm down. The opinion of one person doesn't reflect everyone.

Anyway,  it was a clear windup attempt with you getting caught hook, line and sinker

2-1 Airdrie
I'm a falkirk fan and I agree, this league was never going to be walk over!
With the squad we have assembled, a manager setting up the team correctly and the players showing the right attitude we should be promoted come May but so far we only look good on paper.

54 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

2-1 Airdrie

I wish the players did think they were better than they are, there was zero evidence of that on Saturday. A bit of confidence and stupidly ambitous efforts would have been preferable to the lacklustre passing across midfield and last resort crosses into the keepers hands.