Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

I'm really struggling to pick a team, so many disappointments on Saturday. I thought bell, Buchanan, Doyle and gomis got passmarks but none of our forward thinking players did anything of note.

sammon had one opportunity in the first half and shot tamely into the goalies hands he had the ball in space a couple of times second half and could have played others in but was too slow and unaware. I forgot McManus was on for a while second half such was his involvement. I would expect a good striker to beat a man, create a chance of their own and get a shot away every game. can't remember them doing that once between them. it's the first time I've seen them this season and was maybe their poorest? midfield was pedestrian, we are back to always looking to retain possession sideways and backwards which is what we've had to endure for seasons now. it all sounds cliched however we need to be prepared to take some risks and put the ball forward. only example I can remember was whoever put sammon through in the first half. would love to have seen longridge possession stats seemed to keep giving the ball away and didn't look match fit to me.

I'm not in the anti Dixon brigade I thought he was one of our better players last season. if we were going to lose Tommy Robson (who I would have kept for his speed, ability to get past a man and whip a fast dangerous cross in) then Dixon needed to be played to his strengths which is either in central defence or at left back in a flat back 4. not as a wing back.

I'm okay with the goalie and back 4 with gomis in front. it's the rest that needs sorted asap. would like to see Moore and what he can offer too.

I'd go

Bell

Doyle Toshney Buchanan Dixon

Gomis

McLean Tidser Telfer Connolly 

Sammon

The reality will be the same narrow pish as last week but we'll huff and puff to a narrow victory.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would play the following

Bell

Doyle Buchanan Toshney Moore

McShane Gomis

McLean Telfor Connelly

McManus

More chance of you or me playing than Dixon not !!!

For me we should've built a team around a 3-5-2 for the season, matching up with most teams midfield against us and 3 defenders to mark one attacker. I don't think we have players to do that tho, I'm even struggling to make a formation out what we have other than slow and defensive 

3 minutes ago, Moon said:

One post from an Airdrie fan and it was an invitation to a square go.

You could have kept this page and a half of greeting to your own thread,

Just because the internet is still on dial up in Airdrie doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a match thread. 

Stop playing so many slow midfielders.  Id go 4 4 2.  Gomis and telfer in the middle.  Connolly and mcmanus out wide with longridge supporting sammon. 
Bet our slow Wedderburn can out slow your slow midfield.

2 x slow midfields "competing" and 2 apparently tactically inept managers making the decisions should ensure this is the fitba equivalent of a slugfest. Picture a boxing match with both fighters on the ropes at the same time.

Have our board decided yet about giving Falkirk their own stand or are we being stingy and shoehorning them in to the main stand with us.

Bet our slow Wedderburn can out slow your slow midfield.

2 x slow midfields "competing" and 2 apparently tactically inept managers making the decisions should ensure this is the fitba equivalent of a slugfest. Picture a boxing match with both fighters on the ropes at the same time.

Have our board decided yet about giving Falkirk their own stand or are we being stingy and shoehorning them in to the main stand with us.

I’d be amazed if they tried to fit us all into the main stand. What’s the capacity of the main stand and the one they usually offer us?

I’d be amazed if they tried to fit us all into the main stand. What’s the capacity of the main stand and the one they usually offer us?
Think the main is about 3.5k

And its been a very long time since another stand was "offered" to anybody. So long in fact that there may be some major work required to have it made inhabitable.

Think the main is about 3.5k

And its been a very long time since another stand was "offered" to anybody. So long in fact that there may be some major work required to have it made inhabitable.

Yeah, I guess there’s the capacity to keep everyone together. Takes a way a fair bit from the atmosphere imo..

The two memorable Airdrie games for me was the day the Airdrie supporters walked from Airdrie to Brockville only to see their side massacred 8-0, and the day Ivo Den Biemen arrived, got Kevin Christie under control, and we beat them 0-2 with the scoreline not in any way reflecting on our dominance for the full 90 minutes.

2 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Last time I was at an Airdrie game in Airdrie, we were in the main stand.

Kevin Christie was sent off.

Sure we lost but can’t remember the score.

Might be the last time we played Airdrie in the league! No idea!

1-0 win with Lyle Taylor scoring and getting sent off, sure there was some stat to how many academy players were on the park at one time for us in that game.

That won't happen for a long long time if ever