Arbroath vs Dunfermline Sat 31st Aug

Segregation in place for Saturday. Personally don’t feel it’s needed

I agree, one of the joys of my previous visit to Gayfield was being able to change ends at half time.
Obviously someone had been reading the Celtic-Dunfermline thread and is expecting a cross between the KKK and Orange Order coming up on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I agree, one of the joys of my previous visit to Gayfield was being able to change ends at half time.
Obviously someone had been reading the Celtic-Dunfermline thread and is expecting a cross between the KKK and Orange Order coming up on Saturday.

There were good people on both sides.

Will Dunfermline be changing their keeper? If not it should be an area we are looking to exploit, the guy had a mare last week for both Dundee United goals. 

Confidence should be up for this one after a great win last week, I would go with the same team, with Doris coming on later in the game. Josh Campbell looked impressive also so I would expect to see him for a bit longer.

I seriously hope Craw is looking at new goalkeeping options. Scully is woeful. A good shot stopper, but his poor distribution, utter abjection at pass backs and fumbling at easy situations absolutely trump what he's good at. 

I seriously hope Craw is looking at new goalkeeping options. Scully is woeful. A good shot stopper, but his poor distribution, utter abjection at pass backs and fumbling at easy situations absolutely trump what he's good at. 

It was his shot-stopping that let him down against united and arguably qots.

41 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Will Dunfermline be changing their keeper? If not it should be an area we are looking to exploit, the guy had a mare last week for both Dundee United goals. 

Confidence should be up for this one after a great win last week, I would go with the same team, with Doris coming on later in the game. Josh Campbell looked impressive also so I would expect to see him for a bit longer.

Don't think we're quite at the dropping stage - he just had a very good game at Parkhead - but it's not too far away if he plays like he did on Saturday.

Not convinced by Cammy Gill either but he's never had a real chance to prove himself.

Don't think we're quite at the dropping stage - he just had a very good game at Parkhead - but it's not too far away if he plays like he did on Saturday.

Not convinced by Cammy Gill either but he's never had a real chance to prove himself.

Cammy Gill who owns a League 2 winners medal from his time with us where he played zero minutes

Watch Celtic fans don’t catch you praising the Pars fans. We will probably sing a few songs from the Montrose song book or slag off your smokies so you have been warned.
Seriously though I am gutted that I am working this Saturday as I have been looking forward to a visit to Gayfield. It’s one of my favourite grounds.
It's ok the people from arbroath and decent and not spoiled man child idiots.

Absolutely imperative that we move on from the utd game,was it a huge dissapointment after our near heroic effort at parkhead? Absolutely. But i think we all knew dundee utd are our bogey team,never mind the fact that in my mind they were/are overwhelming favourites for the league this year. Thought some of the criticism of beadling was very unfair,him and 10 others gave their absolute all for 120 minutes the week before and were literally dead on their feet. Even though we have a team with a young average age,lets dust ourselves down and move on. Ryan Dow and Kyle turner on their game,offering good service to nisbet and i see no reason why we can't record a comfortable away win. Yes, arbroath may well turn out to be a difficult away day for a few teams this year,if we stick to our own game and fly out the traps like the dundee match first game of the season we will be just fine. Euan Murray definately a miss,Lang obviously not there yet. Many too quick to criticise morrison after utd game. Lets see how he fares. Scully still the biggest '?' in our team for me. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous week upon week. But we just dont have the financial muscle to be looking for better quality there. As simple as that. Onwards and upwards saturday. 4-0 pars. Nisbet x2 dow and beadling.

Segregation in place for Saturday. Personally don’t feel it’s needed

Totally agree - seriously reduces the match day experience for both home and away support. Utterly unnecessary. The club’s not to blame - its excessive overcaution by the polis.

On the subject of segregation, the way Alloa did it on Saturday, though also quite unnecessary, was much better allowing both sets of fans the full length of the ground. Not directly applicable with a single seated stand at Gayfield but surely some other adjustments might be considered if this nonsense is to persist.

On the secondary matter of the game, I hope we adopt an equally thought out approach to this one and maintain the bite/press further up the field - that seemed to work well.

Absolutely imperative that we move on from the utd game,was it a huge dissapointment after our near heroic effort at parkhead? Absolutely. But i think we all knew dundee utd are our bogey team,never mind the fact that in my mind they were/are overwhelming favourites for the league this year. Thought some of the criticism of beadling was very unfair,him and 10 others gave their absolute all for 120 minutes the week before and were literally dead on their feet. Even though we have a team with a young average age,lets dust ourselves down and move on. Ryan Dow and Kyle turner on their game,offering good service to nisbet and i see no reason why we can't record a comfortable away win. Yes, arbroath may well turn out to be a difficult away day for a few teams this year,if we stick to our own game and fly out the traps like the dundee match first game of the season we will be just fine. Euan Murray definately a miss,Lang obviously not there yet. Many too quick to criticise morrison after utd game. Lets see how he fares. Scully still the biggest '?' in our team for me. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous week upon week. But we just dont have the financial muscle to be looking for better quality there. As simple as that. Onwards and upwards saturday. 4-0 pars. Nisbet x2 dow and beadling.

A lot of players in this league I'm very worried about but Kyle Turner and Ryan Dow aren't 2 of them. Both good players but more worried about Nisbet and Andy Ryan.

We have a very strong defence and midfield, I don't think we will be on the end of many comfortable victories for opposing teams, Dundee United aside.

If DJ hadn't threw that one in up in Inverness we'd be unbeaten having only conceded 1, which would currently be the best in the league albeit after only 3 games.

We might rack up a fair few defeats this season but I'm confident the vast majority of them will atleast be close.