Arbroath vs Dunfermline Sat 31st Aug

7 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I observed a large sample of Dunfermline fans today, the majority looked like they based their fashion from the football factory. What a bunch of tinks

Sorry we couldn't match the elegance of  Arbroath fans.. Milan, Paris and Arbroath. Fashion capitals of the world.

17 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I observed a large sample of Dunfermline fans today, the majority looked like they based their fashion from the football factory. What a bunch of tinks

Not sure you can be a tink if you base your fashion sense on clothes worth hundreds of notes tbh. 

Be like saying "That boy had a stone island, the tink" 

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Nothing wrong with some pwopa nawty clobber 

And yet I and many fellow Lichties can only dream of matching that same suave sartorial elegance carried with panache.

These sad provocations of opposing fans are plain embarrassing.

It was good to see a reasonable turnout at the Pars end. Very disappointing ‘crowd’ at the home end. Still August and the glory hunters that turned up in numbers for a few games at the end of last season, to see us win the title, have already melted away.

Well they missed an excellent committed and organised home performance and we might not expect that many wins here over the piece.

And yet I and many fellow Lichties can only dream of matching that same suave sartorial elegance carried with panache.
 These sad provocations of opposing fans are plain embarrassing.
 It was good to see a reasonable turnout at the Pars end. Very disappointing ‘crowd’ at the home end. Still August and the glory hunters that turned up in numbers for a few games at the end of last season, to see us win the title, have already melted away.
 Well they missed an excellent committed and organised home performance and we might not expect that many wins here over the piece.

It's clearly tongue in cheek ffs

And there was 1624 at the game. Stand was packed, 3/4 ours, behind goals more sparse than usual due to wind and a healthy support in the sea side terrace?

Between 900-1000 home fans I'd say and 6/700 away fans 🤷🏻‍♂️

Great away support, dunno what you were expecting from the home crowd. 1100 at Qots too and there was about 150 of them so it's par for the course and averaging just under 1000 home fans is good for us. We done it last season too. No other part time team is close to that?

I don't understand why anyone does it, it's cringy as f**k and you probably miss a lot of the game fannying around on your phone like a fanny. (insert shit game nothing to watch gag).

I'm also one for not caring much what anyone else thinks about a match.

Dunfermline had a good traveling support turn up who were vocal until they realised their team did not show up.

Arbroath will never have a hard core support of more than a few hundred due to there being too many glory hunting snobs supporting celtic, liverpool etc. Best thing we can do is encourage our kids to come along and tbf u see a lot more kids wearing arbroath shirts about the town now [emoji122]

Dunfermline had a good traveling support turn up who were vocal until they realised their team did not show up.

Arbroath will never have a hard core support of more than a few hundred due to there being too many glory hunting snobs supporting celtic, liverpool etc. Best thing we can do is encourage our kids to come along and tbf u see a lot more kids wearing arbroath shirts about the town now [emoji122]

I think the club are doing really well trying to get younger fans through the gates. The summer camps have been a great success

Our actual home gate is way up from when I would've started going. Averaging 951 or whatever last season and about that in the home end in both games so far this year. ST sales up another 20 percent this season and loads of youngsters kicking about in kits etc. Clubs doing well and growing the support, seemed an unnecessary dig for me.

Anyway, ourselves or Dunfermline doing any highlights?

We got exactly what we deserved yesterday - absolutely nothing. Arbroath handled the ball much better than we did, and had more of the few opportunities in the match. I felt, first half especially, they had some decent passages of play.
From us though, that was a shocker. I only really recall two decent efforts at goal, and one of those was a set piece header right at the end.
There was no energy, no width and nowhere near enough support to Nisbet. Too many long balls played which, from early on, was something that wasn't going to work. So of course we persisted with it.
Cochrane showed some composure at least when he came on, but that's about the only plus I can take. I've not seen as many folk, at only 1-0 with 15 minutes to go, make for the exits. We could likely still be playing at not look like fashioning a good goalscoring chance.
Our run of league games without a win is worrying. I'm generally not fussed about the Challenge Cup, but the manager needs a win from somewhere quickly.

I think the club is doing well, trying everything to get more local people interested, and even the core fan group has grown a bit (with season ticket sales up almost a fifth) - so well done to both. The fact AFC is parttime has little relevance other than setting a ceiling on what is achievable on the park.

So I suppose the remarks are aimed at the apathetic majority of greater Arbroath citizenry who can’t be bothered to get along to the occasional game of their ‘award winning team’ and of course the despicable unwashed hordes of locals who claim to, or actually, follow ‘bigger’ football teams.

Well they’re missing out on the absorbing evolving epic on their doorstep and two excellent showings over the past fortnight.

On a brighter note, great to see Arbroath Vics seem to be getting their act together.