Arbroath vs Dunfermline Sat 31st Aug

Great to get the home win, fully deserved and good performances throughout the side. That has to be one of the poorest Dunfermline sides for quite some time, for a full time side they were second best and it must be squeaky bum time for their management team.

I had not expected to see Donnelly on the pitch at any time during the game but fair do's to the lad, he came on and took his goal well. Murphy looks like a proper football player, he could turn out to be one of the best signings the manager has made.

I had hoped that the refereeing would have improved at this level but unfortunately it has not.  

Edited by SotesBornalichtie
poor grammar

Got to give credit to Luke who is written off every week by almost every Arbroath supporter. 

Thought we were excellent today, 2 clean sheets on the bounce which will be the basis of us getting any joy this year. Delighted and hopefully we can keep it going. Well done all.

dunfermline were distinctly average but thought we made them look average.

Has to be one one of the least eventful games I have ever witnessed. 

Other than the Pars shouting for a pen followed by Arbroath breaking forward and getting their goal, there was absolutely nothing worth mentioning. 

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Has to be one one of the least eventful games I have ever witnessed. 

Other than the Pars shouting for a pen followed by Arbroath breaking forward and getting their goal, there was absolutely nothing worth mentioning. 

Should have went to Cowdenbeath then...……………………..oh wait ! 

Absolutely delighted with that; both this and last week exemplify how we will win games, sensible when we have the ball and disciplined when we don't. I don't see us scoring more than 2 in a game this season, but we don't need to if we keep such a good shape and don't give anything away at the back. Dick's got most things bang on so far, both in terms of selection and substitutions.

Got to give credit to Luke who is written off every week by almost every Arbroath supporter. 
Thought we were excellent today, 2 clean sheets on the bounce which will be the basis of us getting any joy this year. Delighted and hopefully we can keep it going. Well done all.
dunfermline were distinctly average but thought we made them look average.

A great strike by Luke. Clearly popular with the rest of the team. I don’t think he can play as a lone striker though. Both Spence and Doris are much better at winning the ball and bringing others into the attack. I’d like to see another striker come in to give us more pace in that position.

Very pleased with a disciplined performance that definitely warranted the points. 
No ill feeling generally towards Dunfermline but the diving particularly from Coley and trying to gain about 10 yards with every free kick was embarrassing. 
You're having a go at Coley for diving? Arbroath had a player diving every time they got into the box!

Arbroath totally deserved the win and we allowed it to happen by trying to match them for hoofballing into the wind. Scully was culpable for letting the ball squeeze under him at his near post. We had to play on the ground to win this game, Devine should never be allowed to play professional football again...

Crawford saying we've had a tough start because we've had to play Queens and Arbroath. Would love to know which games he considers to be the easy ones, if not a part-time side and the team that finished 9th last year and is managed by AJ.

Saying you're "not concerned" about taking two points from the opening four games is also wild.

18 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

You're having a go at Coley for diving? Arbroath had a player diving every time they got into the box!

Arbroath totally deserved the win and we allowed it to happen by trying to match them for hoofballing into the wind. Scully was culpable for letting the ball squeeze under him at his near post. We had to play on the ground to win this game, Devine should never be allowed to play professional football again...

Yes Coley was the worst by a mile, could’ve tried to influence the game by staying on his feet but wasn’t interested. 

Tom O’Brien was guilty of a terrible dive in the box in the second half but the pull back on Campbell was a clear penalty, he just about had his shirt ripped off his back. 

49 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I don’t think he can play as a lone striker though. 

Would be good if he was a striker to begin with though.

Because someone is 6ft 3 does not make them a striker.

Queens Park started Luke upfront and launching the ball up to him, he ended up in and out the team until they played him in Midfield or at best as a no10 started to play well and got his move to Stranraer.

Stranraer started Luke upfront launching the ball up to him again in and out the team until the realised he was more useful further back, he starts playing well in a midield role and gets a move to Arbroath.

Arbroath come in for Luke, Dick says i know your not a striker we will play you in your best position, Luke signs, Dick says play up top on your own and we will hang you out to dry, its clear there is not enough pace for Luke to cause problems as a lone striker, its clear that heading a ball is not his best asset.

Crawford saying we've had a tough start because we've had to play Queens and Arbroath. Would love to know which games he considers to be the easy ones, if not a part-time side and the team that finished 9th last year and is managed by AJ.

Saying you're "not concerned" about taking two points from the opening four games is also wild.

Crawford is a joke I've had enough of his excuses. One decent half against dundee in ten games despite an entire new team is pathetic.

Scully Devine Paton Coley and quite a few others just not good enough and the tactics are awful. Even in a winning position we've struggled.

The board have made another massive blunder football wise and the input from McNamara seems to be phoning ex york players.

Would be good if he was a striker to begin with though.

Because someone is 6ft 3 does not make them a striker.

Queens Park started Luke upfront and launching the ball up to him, he ended up in and out the team until they played him in Midfield or at best as a no10 started to play well and got his move to Stranraer.
Stranraer started Luke upfront launching the ball up to him again in and out the team until the realised he was more useful further back, he starts playing well in a midield role and gets a move to Arbroath.
Arbroath come in for Luke, Dick says i know your not a striker we will play you in your best position, Luke signs, Dick says play up top on your own and we will hang you out to dry, its clear there is not enough pace for Luke to cause problems as a lone striker, its clear that heading a ball is not his best asset.

Fantastic observation. LD not had his chance to shine in his best position