Arbroath vs Dunfermline Sat 31st Aug

Far too early but want to move on from today's game as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to the game as I like Gayfield but this is an important game for us. 2 or 3 points from our first four matches would be a poor return indeed and would be a downer heading into the international break. Most of the positives from the display at Parkhead were washed away by today's abysmal display so would be a welcome win for Crawford and the team.

Best pre-match pint?

Not really been impressed by any team so far to be honest.

Think we've given as good as we've got in every game. Dunfermline always used to scud us but think we've improved a bit since then and most of the time we shared L1 together you always seemed to be flying we never shared a league in your shite season. Managed to break the Alloa hoodoo yesterday so be good to do the same with Dunfermline.

Look forward to a good crowd coming through it's good to be playing the like of you instead of Stranraer or whatever.

Station Bar by far best pub if you're wanting a good pint, pool table, juker and the football on but Tutties is class before a game too as it's where most people having a drink go before game.

I'd play exactly the same team as today. Transfer window be over so hopefully we add some pace in the final third before the game.

Bit surprised by dunfermline’s poor start to the season, some good players and i was impressed by their first half v dundee.

Same team for us but would still like to see us get at least one more attacking option in, ideally a pacey winger/striker

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Bit surprised by dunfermline’s poor start to the season, some good players and i was impressed by their first half v dundee.

Same team for us but would still like to see us get at least one more attacking option in, ideally a pacey winger/striker

Before yesterday, I wouldn't have even called it a poor start tbh. Could have won both of our opening two games and then almost took Celtic to penalties at Parkhead. If we'd beaten United I'd actually have been delighted.

But first half on Saturday was back to the dregs of last season unfortunately and unacceptable, even for a young side. Three points a must for us IMO or the grumbles about Crawford will soon restart - we've not won a league game since the 9th March.

I don’t think we’ve had a particularly poor start given who we have faced. Qots without dobbie were beatable but a draw away from home vs full time time sides shouldn’t be seen as a bad result.

Getting something out of the Dundee sides is still reasonable, especially with united looking a class above.

In terms of performances, vs queens, and both 2nd half’s at home, meh. 1st half vs Dundee, superb, 1st half vs united, rubbish. So it all balances out as ok.

We’ve now got 6 games before playing united again and there not 1 where we can’t get full points, if we get 15/16 points from the rest of the quarter then it’s happy days, less than 10 and it’s panic stations. It’s a very important run of fixtures and we must get the 1st victory next week to kick start them.

I imagine we will be unchanged. Murphy might be the 1st name on the team sheet this season.

Tutties is your best place pre match, great food and a friendly atmosphere. Dunfermline fans have always been first class and we have headed into town with them later in the evening.

3 points essential here. Just think it's important to get a win on the board by any means to get the confidence back. We definitely have a good team in there, let's just hope the United game was a one off.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

3 points essential here. Just think it's important to get a win on the board by any means to get the confidence back. We definitely have a good team in there, let's just hope the United game was a one off.

Not saying you're wrong but I'm not convinced about that yet.

I also think Devine will probably come in for Morrison but would rather we got Steven Anderson on loan from St J and played him. Ashcroft dropping out wouldn't bother me in the least either; he's been protected from the stick for long enough.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not saying you're wrong but I'm not convinced about that yet.

I also think Devine will probably come in for Morrison but would rather we got Steven Anderson on loan from St J and played him. Ashcroft dropping out wouldn't bother me in the least either; he's been protected from the stick for long enough.

I'd 100% take someone new for Ashcroft. He is a donkey and struggles to do the basics. Is Long out injured or something? He wasn't even on the bench on Saturday. 

I imagine we will be unchanged. Murphy might be the 1st name on the team sheet this season.

Tutties is your best place pre match, great food and a friendly atmosphere. Dunfermline fans have always been first class and we have headed into town with them later in the evening.

Watch Celtic fans don’t catch you praising the Pars fans. We will probably sing a few songs from the Montrose song book or slag off your smokies so you have been warned.
Seriously though I am gutted that I am working this Saturday as I have been looking forward to a visit to Gayfield. It’s one of my favourite grounds.

Arbroath has been an alright hunting ground for us recently, I'm sure they beat us one season with Chris Kane getting sent off though, I think. 

Perfect lower league ground, good selection of pubs and glorious weather, gutted I won't be there. While it hasn't been a poor start we need to be winning this, likewise Arbroath will fancy there chances against anyone at home. 

Dick Campbell is one of the good guys in Scottish football, still works in Dunfermline and lives nearby so he'll be desperate to win. 

Arbroath has been an alright hunting ground for us recently, I'm sure they beat us one season with Chris Kane getting sent off though, I think. 

Perfect lower league ground, good selection of pubs and glorious weather, gutted I won't be there. While it hasn't been a poor start we need to be winning this, likewise Arbroath will fancy there chances against anyone at home. 

Dick Campbell is one of the good guys in Scottish football, still works in Dunfermline and lives nearby so he'll be desperate to win. 

I remember beating you 3-2 at East End Park (Alan Cook scored a wonderful solo goal) but don’t have any recollection of winning at Gayf. You scudded us 5-1 in a cup game on a beautiful day when we were under Lumsden. And I have memories of a 2-1 defeat towards the end of the season

Watch Celtic fans don’t catch you praising the Pars fans. We will probably sing a few songs from the Montrose song book or slag off your smokies so you have been warned.

Seriously though I am gutted that I am working this Saturday as I have been looking forward to a visit to Gayfield. It’s one of my favourite grounds.

“Greatest fans in the world” etc

Montrose don’t have a songbook so no need to worry about that

53 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I remember beating you 3-2 at East End Park (Alan Cook scored a wonderful solo goal) but don’t have any recollection of winning at Gayf. You scudded us 5-1 in a cup game on a beautiful day when we were under Lumsden. And I have memories of a 2-1 defeat towards the end of the season

The game I was thinking about was at EEP, I didn't make that terribly clear in the op tbf. 

Really excited for this game, brilliant to see Dunfermline again at Gayfield and looking forward for them bringing down a big crowd and creating a great atmosphere, I am expecting a great game and they looked brilliant against Dundee on the Tv, We have got a brilliant team though full of winners and I expect if we play to our levels it will be a really close game, going for 3-2 the lichties, again we have nothing to fear as we are the underdog so hopefully we go unchanged again and go out and enjoy the game.