Peasy Manager resigns

Town Crier

It appears from Twitter that Patterson, Kelly and Black have all left the club. Patterson has a statement on Twitter saying that he resigned. It's unclear if Kelly and Black resigned as well, but Peasy's Twitter says that they have parted company.

Firstly I'm gutted for Willie Patterson and Paul Kelly. Peasy have had some great times over the last 8 years with firstly Willie and Scott Smith at the helm and more recently with Paul. In the first couple of seasons we were so close to winning the Premier league and probably should've, while competing with the big spending Meadow at the time and of course Talbot. Some of the football that team played was the best I've seen in a long time at Peasy. Always attacking and balanced with being solid at the back. More recently the promotion winning team of 17/18 were again a breath of fresh air. Over the years Willie has rebuilt several teams and maintained a decent level of success. As I said I'm gutted to see them go and wish them every success in the future. 

Also I think the club have acted quickly and made a fantastic appointment in Martin Lauchlan. As an ex player he knows everybody still around the club and has proven successful in his managerial career. Hopefully that can continue. Having spoken to him recently he still has a great enthusiasm for football and loves talking about the game. Good luck to Lauchy and I hope he has a long and successful stint as Peasy manager. 

It's actually over 9 seasons that Willie Patterson has been at Peasy.
Willie and Scott Smith left Glencairn in June 2010 to join Petershill.
is that when they said they weren't leaving but did and took a load of players with them , leaving the glens in a hopeless position for that season in the top league ?
oooops did i say that out loud [emoji6]

37 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

is that when they said they weren't leaving but did and took a load of players with them , leaving the glens in a hopeless position for that season in the top league ?
oooops did i say that out loud emoji6.png

Correct. :rolleyes:

On 25/08/2019 at 10:19, Larky55 said:

Good luck with the new appointments. The Premiership needs you, hurry back.

the premiership does  not need  another plastic pitch,  to many of these pitches  already !

Premiership dont need them sorry but a club like others who think they can throw money at things to get to the top wether its players wages or to do with there ground they deserve to be where they belong so if that means they start at the bottom that's fine cause petershill made the mistake same has pollock Irvine meadow hurlford beith and glenafton over the years and that is get a sugar daddy in but when it goes wrong u think they deserve a place in the premiership sorry dont work like that by the way take a look at talbot how a club is run maybe teams will wake up it's not all about money but playing for the jersey
Sugar daddy? He's kept a bloody low profile then. I've been on the committee for 30 years and don't know who he supposedly is.

Premiership dont need them sorry but a club like others who think they can throw money at things to get to the top wether its players wages or to do with there ground they deserve to be where they belong so if that means they start at the bottom that's fine cause petershill made the mistake same has pollock Irvine meadow hurlford beith and glenafton over the years and that is get a sugar daddy in but when it goes wrong u think they deserve a place in the premiership sorry dont work like that by the way take a look at talbot how a club is run maybe teams will wake up it's not all about money but playing for the jersey

There is some nonsense posts on here and then there is this.

Sugar Daddy.... Petershill and Pollok (who I assume you mean despite the incorrect spelling) total nonsense.

As for either of these clubs think they deserve a place on premiership, where has either said that. When either has been relegated they both worked hard to get back, don’t ever recall saying either has a right to be in the top league?