Todays scores 24/8

GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, ex-german exile said:

Thought both decisions were soft from where I was standing, although some neutrals nearer the penalty incident than I was said to me later that it was an obvious, but unnecessary, push.

The match as a whole was decent IMO, and a draw was probably a fair result. We finished the game much better than Buffs so we're possibly nearer winning it, but over the piece there wasn't much in it. Thought Ryan Wilson was excellent for the Buffs, although MOTM was without a shadow of a doubt Gary Fleming, who had at least one save that a fulltime goalie would have been proud of, and he nearly saved our penalty.

Finally, a wee comment on the refereeing team - they were a bit too picky on some of the challenges for me, but they were totally consistent, and IMHO that's all we can ask at this level.

The decision on the Buffs disallowed goal. Whistle went a good bit before the ball hit the net

Good game to watch with Hurlford having the better of the chances in the second half with the stand in keeper making multiple saves to keep the sore level

Draw a fair resulk

18 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Thought both decisions were soft from where I was standing, although some neutrals nearer the penalty incident than I was said to me later that it was an obvious, but unnecessary, push.

The match as a whole was decent IMO, and a draw was probably a fair result. We finished the game much better than Buffs so we're possibly nearer winning it, but over the piece there wasn't much in it. Thought Ryan Wilson was excellent for the Buffs, although MOTM was without a shadow of a doubt Gary Fleming, who had at least one save that a fulltime goalie would have been proud of, and he nearly saved our penalty.

Finally, a wee comment on the refereeing team - they were a bit too picky on some of the challenges for me, but they were totally consistent, and IMHO that's all we can ask at this level.

Good post-very fair in all respects and that’s refreshing!

Buffs DID score a second goal, then the Ref decided he saw someone foul something .... the only man in the park to see it.   He obviously doesn't like being questioned or shouted at from the touchlines and he decided Syme had fouled a Hurlford diver with a shoulder charge and they scored from the penalty.  An otherwise excellent even match between two exciting attacking teams.

Buffs may have had the ball in the net but it was clearly after the ref blew the whistle. Stand in Keeper came close to keeping out the penalty and luck was on his side as he tipped a deflected shot onto the post when the scores were all square. Any keeper would have been proud of his tip over from the Hurlford kick off as Hurlford almost pulled level immediately. I don’t know how the 1st half shot from the Buffs which hit both posts managed to stay out as we rode our luck with that one. I’m just disappointed we didn’t have more shots at the keeper. Hope the boy who went off isn’t out for too long and recovers quickly. Goalscorer for Buffs (No 9) May find himself lucky only to receive a yellow under the new law as he kicked out at Murchie.
Buffs imo will be a tough nut to crack this season especially at Buffs Park.

Buffs may have had the ball in the net but it was clearly after the ref blew the whistle. Stand in Keeper came close to keeping out the penalty and luck was on his side as he tipped a deflected shot onto the post when the scores were all square. Any keeper would have been proud of his tip over from the Hurlford kick off as Hurlford almost pulled level immediately. I don’t know how the 1st half shot from the Buffs which hit both posts managed to stay out as we rode our luck with that one. I’m just disappointed we didn’t have more shots at the keeper. Hope the boy who went off isn’t out for too long and recovers quickly. Goalscorer for Buffs (No 9) May find himself lucky only to receive a yellow under the new law as he kicked out at Murchie.
Buffs imo will be a tough nut to crack this season especially at Buffs Park.
Wardrope lucky to stay on the park for Hurlford, booted the ball away early first half after decision went against him and had rwo or three other bookable fouls. Didn't see much wrong with our second and for the penalty big davie was just stronger than the boy he jumped with. Gaz Fleming played a blinder in goals for the buffs. After losing keeper first half can't be too disappointed with a point tho

Good to see us scoring more goals again today but once again leaking them at the other end. Thought after our clean sheet last week v Pillok we had finally found the formula to defend but 8 goals in 2 games suggests otherwise . The 1 good thing is we are firing them in at the other end. Only game this season we failed was against a very good Hurlford side

18 hours ago, Town Crier said:

Maryhill 0  Shettleston 5

Expected more from Maryhill after their midweek win at Greenock....

Watched this game and to be honest if I was a Maryhill supporter I would be totally embarrassed. Think it was 4.0 at H.T. There was nothing there. I don't know if there was players missing but the management made one substitute, think because he was knackered but was one of the brighter Mayhill players. The experienced players just didn't offer anything and a couple, of them were just wanting to hurt players with their tackles and two red cards weren't even for tackles, one red was a second yellow just pulling a player down on the edge of the box and the other red was after the final whistle.  The referee wasn't good, seriously for both teams. what is going on with these young refs. They think because they are in junior football that they have to take charge as in being involved all the time when there is no need.

Shettleston had a lot of movement throughout the team, center backs a little suspect, especially with their distribution but they were not tested at all. The weak spot of Maryhill lolol, well Id say the main one was at right back, but Shettleston, believe it or not didn't really force the issue in that area. The two  Maryhill centerbacks, very experienced but slow, one of them thinks that's the opposition legs are the ball lol. In the air they were fine but on the deck, a bit of movement as they are all over the place. Maryhill defensive midfielder is very fast so he's one to utilise at the right times.

I suppose Shettleson will be there or thereabout for the championship but Maryhill, after all the hassle in the past year etc.. are just trying to consolidate and relegation is probably what they want to avoid, Don't know the level of the rest of the teams but I expect them to do it, potentially a sleeping giant if they get things going can get a lot of local support coming to watch the team but that's a long way off.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread