CBD Oil

EH75

Anyone use this for pain management? I've got a bit of an ongoing issue which someone has said it could be worth trying for. However there seems to be loads of places selling it and the internet appears to be a minefield of fake reviews so its difficult to know where to get decent stuff, or even if the stuff you can buy in the UK is worth bothering with compared to American stuff etc. Don't really know too much about it so any experiences others have had would be useful.

I give it to my elderly dog for his arthritis and it does make a big difference for him, we ran out of it a month or so ago and I decided to see whether he could manage without it but he started to get really stiff and sore. Within a few days of getting him a new bottle he was back to moving around relatively easily again. We get ours from simply-cbd online as the stuff you tend to find in shops is of such weak strength it's pretty much useless. The stuff we get our dog gives him 100mg per drop of oil and we tend to give him 4 drops throughout the day. He has pain meds from the vet but the CBD seems to do more for him.

Edited by Rizzo

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Anything less than about 60% isn't worth using. The stuff available in Holland and Barratt etc is nonsense. 

Can you even get it with strength that high in this country? Most places online seem to be 10% or so. Or its denoted in mg and I don't know what would constitute a decent strength in that measurement. 

You can definitely get 25% in shops. 

I know a guy who is literally fucked from head to toe body wise and he says anything under 60% is no use for him, personally. That was just a throwaway comment from me, it will most likely be different for yourself. He doesn't buy his from a shop though. 

Edit : if he's in the pub later, I'll get details. 

Edited by Dele

Aye I mean I'm not quite at that stage just a bit of pain which doctors etc can't figure out what is causing it and someone suggested giving CBD oil a go. I don't want to get off my tits just anything that might take the edge off the pain really. Aye any info on the reliable places to get it would be decent, think there are a lot of snake oil salesman out there with this stuff at the moment since it seems to be the latest in thing. Finding unbiased information seems to be quite difficult.

58 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I give it to my elderly dog for his arthritis and it does make a big difference for him, we ran out of it a month or so ago and I decided to see whether he could manage without it but he started to get really stiff and sore. Within a few days of getting him a new bottle he was back to moving around relatively easily again. We get ours from simply-cpd online as the stuff you tend to find in shops is of such weak strength it's pretty much useless. The stuff we get our dog gives him 100mg per drop of oil and we tend to give him 4 drops throughout the day. He has pain meds from the vet but the CBD seems to do more for him.

Cheers I will take a look at that site.

My mother has arthritis, gout, has had both hips replaced, and has a fucked back due to something ridiculous like nine slipped discs over the years, so she has a lot of chronic pain. She tried CBD oil after somebody recommended it to her, and she thought it was fucking amazing. However, her supplier disappeared after a couple of months, and she says that the ones she's tried since have been shit.

I know nothing about it, so this talk of strength is interesting; I don't think she knows much either. Maybe I'll try and track down some high strength stuff and see if that works any better for her. The wife has chronic pain too, so she'd make for a good guinea pig as well.

My da has terminal cancer and was using it (think it was more in the hope of a miracle cure ye see on the telly) but he was getting his from dodgy dealers and it was good stuff. I will see if he still gets it and what the deal is.

On 24/08/2019 at 13:52, EH75 said:

Aye I mean I'm not quite at that stage just a bit of pain which doctors etc can't figure out what is causing it and someone suggested giving CBD oil a go. I don't want to get off my tits just anything that might take the edge off the pain really. Aye any info on the reliable places to get it would be decent, think there are a lot of snake oil salesman out there with this stuff at the moment since it seems to be the latest in thing. Finding unbiased information seems to be quite difficult.

Just to be clear, taking CBD won't make you feel "off your tits" - it doesn't get you high at all, it's THC in cannabis which makes you high. I don't have much other info to give you other than what Dele said, just check what strength you're getting because I reckon the oils that are sold in shops here probably carry more of a placebo effect than actually medically helping.

On 24/08/2019 at 21:48, BigFatTabbyDave said:

My mother has arthritis, gout, has had both hips replaced, and has a fucked back due to something ridiculous like nine slipped discs over the years, so she has a lot of chronic pain. 

Has McInnes put in a bid to sign her yet ?

On 24/08/2019 at 12:54, Rizzo said:

I give it to my elderly dog for his arthritis and it does make a big difference for him, we ran out of it a month or so ago and I decided to see whether he could manage without it but he started to get really stiff and sore. Within a few days of getting him a new bottle he was back to moving around relatively easily again. We get ours from simply-cpbd online as the stuff you tend to find in shops is of such weak strength it's pretty much useless. The stuff we get our dog gives him 100mg per drop of oil and we tend to give him 4 drops throughout the day. He has pain meds from the vet but the CBD seems to do more for him.

FTFY. Got well confused by Continued Professional Development sites. Ordered the strongest stuff for my arthritic mother, I won't tell her it's for dogs. Says there are traces of THC, hopefully not too much, could freak her out.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You suggesting BFTDMaw and Stevie May up front?

Bit too dynamic for McInnes IMO

No , I think she'd bring a bit of balance to the Treatment Room. 

Hoban, Gleeson and Tubbydave's Maw will have the potential to be vying for  the  "like a new signing"   role

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

FTFY. Got well confused by Continued Professional Development sites. Ordered the strongest stuff for my arthritic mother, I won't tell her it's for dogs. Says there are traces of THC, hopefully not too much, could freak her out.

I'm blaming auto correct for that!

On 24/08/2019 at 12:54, Rizzo said:

I give it to my elderly dog for his arthritis and it does make a big difference for him, we ran out of it a month or so ago and I decided to see whether he could manage without it but he started to get really stiff and sore. Within a few days of getting him a new bottle he was back to moving around relatively easily again. We get ours from simply-cbd online as the stuff you tend to find in shops is of such weak strength it's pretty much useless. The stuff we get our dog gives him 100mg per drop of oil and we tend to give him 4 drops throughout the day. He has pain meds from the vet but the CBD seems to do more for him.

Just got mine in the post. When you say a drop, do you mean squish out the whole pipette or just a single drop? 

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just got mine in the post. When you say a drop, do you mean squish out the whole pipette or just a single drop? 

a single drop under the tongue. I would do it infront of a mirror as you can barely if at all feel the drops. usually the ones i have had recomment 3 to 5 drops twice daily