Albion V Brechin

win

verb

verb: win; 3rd person present: wins; past tense: won; past participle: won; gerund or present participle: winning
  1. 1.
    be successful or victorious in (a contest or conflict).
    "United won four games in a row"
    synonyms: come first in, finish first in, be victorious in, triumph in, take first prize in, achieve success in, be successful in, prevail in; More
    informalwrap up
    "Steve has won the Isle of Man race three times"
    come first, finish first, be the winner, be victorious, be the victor, carry/win the day, carry all before one, defeat/overcome the opposition, take the honours/crown, gain the palm, come out ahead, come out on top, succeed, triumph, prevail, achieve mastery;
    sweep the board, make a clean sweep;
    informalwin out, clean up
    "she was determined to win"
    antonyms: lose, be beaten

Just in case anyone else was struggling to recognise the word 'win' :thumsup2

Glad to finally get some points hopefully we can keep it going though shagger was brillant even when it looked like he was injured and had to go off he kept going a proper leader. Any one notice the two guys sitting with the committee taking notes? New management team maybe? I've seen one of them before but I really cant place him

Yeah we rode our luck at times and the Rovers fans could be forgiven for feeling a bit hard done by this evening. Both of our keepers made important saves to keep us ahead. But the right result is the best measure of a good away performance, I guess, and there was certainly no lack of effort/commitment from City. Let’s just hope some/all of the walking wounded are fit to turn out next weekend as this will surely provide a much-needed confidence boost. It we could take something from another away game then we’d be in much better shape going into the international break and perhaps with a new face in charge for the next home game? Well done today lads

8 hours ago, Citytillidie said:
8 hours ago, stovies said:
Totally agree. Aright game I guess...great to get points on the board. Onwards and upwards (ps shit chat at the shit bar beforehand) I 

Were you in Owen's before the game? 

Yes! We’re you? 

On 24/08/2019 at 23:16, Brechinforever said:

Rode their luck at times but at the same time Albion never tested the Brechin keeper.McManus,Page and Hill outstanding.

both of your keeper made point blank saves on a few occasions ? We'll play alot worse and win. Just ran out of ideas - sucker punch counter attack after we were pretty decent in first...  Hope we can do some time wasting soon ! 
also good luck to the chap who had a fleece and a body warmer on... surely ended up in the Monklands ! 

I see it's going to take a while to get any credibility  back this season , if the match report from the currant bun  is anything to go by. 

That's the first time I can ever remember a Brechin win at Cliftonhill  being classed as embarrassing for the Rovers .  

Hopefully the new management team can use this type of lazy journalism to kick our season into gear.