The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

6 minutes ago, Muggy said:

United will win the league at a canter. Their defence is shite but rest of their team is too good for the rest.

One thing I can’t understand re Hamilton is by the time that looping Butcher header was in the air why couldn’t he get himself in position to stand up and catch that ball? He started scrambling over and diving almost as soon as Butcher headed it. A goalkeeper is an absolute must - got to be an experienced keeper sitting on a bench somewhere who would come in and do the basics? We also need a centre half but a goalie who could organise and come out for a cross would be a huge start.

Sounds ridiculous to say but we’re moving in the right direction. We absolutely deserved to lose but it seemed absolutely everything went against us, most from our own players.

Edited to add: I actually thought Shankland was excellent. He uses his body well and is clever in how he plays. Surely if he can stay clear of injuries he’ll end up moving on again sometime soon?

Pretty fair. I'd agree our defence with Connolly at centre half is shite. Butcher made a massive difference with Reynolds looking so much better too. 

I would also add that our keeper is rubbish too but your lad was Shenking last night. I hope we give Deniz a run out sooner rather than later, Benji gives me the absolute fear.

How long did the linesman take to disallow that goal?
Admittedly did not pay attention to him with the flag staying down and just waited for the restart of play.
I did realise anything had been reversed until the crowds reaction to the decision and never say the flag go up.
14 seconds according to bt sport

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Not getting the Seigrist fear? I don't think he's done much wrong this season after finishing last season strongly.

Aye, you lot are absolutely fine if your keeper is giving you fear. I'd swap him in a heartbeat for ours.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Not getting the Seigrist fear? I don't think he's done much wrong this season after finishing last season strongly.

Absolutely right. He had a couple of shaky moments last season but has been solid for at least the last 20 odd games. He and Rakovan were largely tarred with the same brush last year but Rakovan was the guy who was chucking them in.

28 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The delay was just long enough for maximum hilarity. Comedy is all about the timing.

He knew what he was doing.

The seething, foaming at the mouthers invading the pitch video is fantastic.

Shout out to the middle aged gammon with the dark blue union flag too. 

2 minutes ago, aaa said:

Sbro_Etta_English_Football_Fan_Methil-4-558x372.jpg

That probably felt good as you were posting it. The result? Didn't quite match that initial excitement.

For reference, the current situation is all you need to worry about.

12 out of 12.

+10 goal difference.

6-2.

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Good to see certain United posters get their mojo back. Its been a while. 

Similarly it is heartening to see a small band of Dundee posters soldier on after such a heavy defeat last night. 

Edited by stumigoo

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Similarly it is heartening to see a small band of Dundee posters soldier on after such a heavy defeat last night. 

Yeah, most of them are soldiers of the Ruth Davidson school.

37 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Have you not heard? We've moved on from that.

Time to live in the present.

Unfortunately, I think this may very well be the season you finally move on from that. 

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Dundee’s best years are behind them.

It’s fair to say the best years for both clubs are behind them.  Not a great thought but unfortunately that’s the reality of Scottish football.