The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

Just now, chazas_ said:

I didn’t think we even played well aside from a spell of maybe 20 mins or so in the first half. Shankland was nonexistent, and we did nothing for most of the 2nd half. Also think we’re a much better team with Harkes on the pitch & Connolly off it.

Yeah I agree, shocking eh?

#RobbieOut

A pumping indeed, but amazing that United didn't look comfy during it. Once they get a string of bad results, we'll see the real united. Enjoy your result tonight lads, as it may not last long...
We'll be beaten the odd game this season for sure, but don't think we'll have a string of bad results. I can understand that you're looking for any crumb of comfort after that tonight but you have to look at your own team. Your defence is abysmal, truly awful. The main culprit being the big donkey Forster.Wow.He makes oor Mark Connolly look like Franco Baresi.

It's a +10 goal difference. You guys are -3. It's a 7 point gap, and it's 4 wins out of 4.

Tannadice was rocking tonight and a few of your players froze. They couldn't hack it.

4 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

I didn’t think we even played well aside from a spell of maybe 20 mins or so in the first half. Shankland was nonexistent, and we did nothing for most of the 2nd half. Also think we’re a much better team with Harkes on the pitch & Connolly off it.

No doubt. I was quite happy with the prospect of Connolly going off and Butcher having to revert to CH. Connolly shouldn't play for United again. Harkes is a better CM than Butcher and Butcher is a better CH than Connolly.

2 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Aye we got pumped and I'll be the first to admit we got pumped.... But just wait until the shoe is on the other foot...

It won't be. Ever. We'll never be pumped 6-2 from Dundee FC.

The beauty of this post is that I can bookmark it for as long as I want until I want to play it.

55 minutes ago, Dele said:

As I've always said, they fail to cakewalk the league it's ten times worse than all that has gone before. 

A load of boys tonight were questioning McPake etc. Not often you'll score a legitimate goal by at least two yards that gets chopped off. Not often you'll walk in 4-1 down at half time either. It is what it is, United got all the luck in the playoffs and still fucked it. They're getting all the luck still. If they fail to cakewalk this league, then the £3,200per week wee Shanky is on (before win and goal bonus) will be laughably funny. 

Put a sock in it you utter moron. 

What a fucking night that was, absolutely brilliant game and atmosphere from the start.

I don’t actually think you can draw too much about either team from that, we were both just flinging everything at each other and for a 20 minute spell everything we hit towards goal went in.

I actually think we played better last week at Dunfermline in terms of controlling the game , and there were points at 5-2 when I was utterly bricking it, fair play to Dundee for actually showing some bollocks in the second half, but overall we did deserve to win, at times the movement from back to front was a joy to watch.

For me I would genuinely start to think about starting Butcher at centre half and Harkes in the middle, both of them have been first class in those roles the last couple of games. I also can’t believe how assured and mature Louis Appere has been so far this season, fantastic for the lad.

Walking back to our seats at half time and seeing Harkes’s goal fly in to the corner was absolutely beautiful, as was watching Mcgowan stomping red faced past the shed at the full time whistle.

Our derby is the envy of all others in Scottish football.

Imagine being absolutely bodied by a team that contains players like Callum Butcher? Dundee supporters insisted that Butcher and others were absolute toilet. It is almost as if they didn't actually know what they were talking about.

6-2 is an absolute minter of a scoreline. Totally. Pumped.  

NINTCHDBPICT000517502618.jpg

5eb016c0-ad9e-4f9b-bd7a-84d52ae19484.jpg

76186115-e9e0-41d4-b5ca-56175a753ec7.jpg

I’m sure you will all understand if I keep this brief 😥.   Much of it has already been discussed but I thought both managers summed up where we are at in their post match interviews:

Neilson:  “We’ve been down here for a number of years now and tonight is a night where we can prove that we can get out”.

McPake: “If you can’t go and stick your head on crosses in a derby and defend your own box then there’s a lot wrong.  It doesn’t matter how well or, badly you played”.

Thank you.

What a fucking night that was, absolutely brilliant game and atmosphere from the start.

I don’t actually think you can draw too much about either team from that, we were both just flinging everything at each other and for a 20 minute spell everything we hit towards goal went in.

I actually think we played better last week at Dunfermline in terms of controlling the game , and there were points at 5-2 when I was utterly bricking it, fair play to Dundee for actually showing some bollocks in the second half, but overall we did deserve to win, at times the movement from back to front was a joy to watch.

For me I would genuinely start to think about starting Butcher at centre half and Harkes in the middle, both of them have been first class in those roles the last couple of games. I also can’t believe how assured and mature Louis Appere has been so far this season, fantastic for the lad.

Walking back to our seats at half time and seeing Harkes’s goal fly in to the corner was absolutely beautiful, as was watching Mcgowan stomping red faced past the shed at the full time whistle.

Our derby is the envy of all others in Scottish football.
Even though we got a deserved pumping last night its definitely good to see the dundee derby back.

These games are always played in the right spirit,no off field baggage and fans who behave themselves is how it should be.