The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

On 23/08/2019 at 09:39, Dele said:

What a strange thing for folk to bring up. 

Not strange as in actually making a cliche bingo card strange but strange never the less. 

The first of many many many trophies won on your ground. I cant keep track but i think its about 12 

Talking about bottling it in front of big crowds got me thinking about the derby experience of both sides. Either in this, or the 2 bigger derbies in this country.

For Dundee:

McGowan - Dundee
Kerr - Dundee
Hemmings - Dundee
McGhee - Edinburgh
Forster - Edinburgh
Hamilton - Edinburgh
Ness - OF

Plus James McPake as a player in Dundee and Edinburgh and Josh McPake in the youth cup OF final.

United:

Sow - Edinburgh
Stanton - Edinburgh

Plus Neilson as a player in Edinburgh. Also, Robson, Butcher, Clark and King have all been at one of these clubs but I don’t think they’ve played derbies.

Unless I’ve missed anyone Dundee certainly look more experienced, which definitely means United will win and I’ve wasted 10 mins of a Saturday morning.

2 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Talking about bottling it in front of big crowds got me thinking about the derby experience of both sides. Either in this, or the 2 bigger derbies in this country.

For Dundee:

McGowan - Dundee
Kerr - Dundee
Hemmings - Dundee
McGhee - Edinburgh
Forster - Edinburgh
Hamilton - Edinburgh
Ness - OF

Plus James McPake as a player in Dundee and Edinburgh and Josh McPake in the youth cup OF final.

United:

Sow - Edinburgh
Stanton - Edinburgh

Plus Neilson as a player in Edinburgh. Also, Robson, Butcher, Clark and King have all been at one of these clubs but I don’t think they’ve played derbies.

Unless I’ve missed anyone Dundee certainly look more experienced, which definitely means United will win and I’ve wasted 10 mins of a Saturday morning.

Clark in the Old Firm for Rangers.

Butcher played in the 6-2 game, the 3-1 loss at dens and the 3-0 game where the bit happen, might've played a South London Derby with Millwall against Charlton aswell but I'm too lazy to check.

Pawlett obviously played in the New Firm derby for Aberdeen along with Reynolds.

and Appere and Chalmers both played in Wee Derby matches during their development.

For Dundee:

McGowan - Dundee
Kerr - Dundee
Hemmings - Dundee
McGhee - Edinburgh
Forster - Edinburgh
Hamilton - Edinburgh
Ness - OF

United:

Sow - Edinburgh
Stanton - Edinburgh

Has Stanton not played for you against us before, or is that another Stanton?