The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

They had their lowest crowd in 44 years last season,they also had a few games under 5 thousand with a some of those closer to 4 thousand.United fans always turn out for the big games when they're confident of a win.
They sold 28000 tickets for the 2010 final,won the cup and 6500 turned up for the first home game after the final.

Our first home game was in the UEFA Cup and we had 12,000. The first league game it was 6,500.

I always enjoy reading the Dundee fans talk about our fans coming and going like it is only United who have supporters that fit into this bracket.

Our first home game was in the UEFA Cup and we had 12,000. The first league game it was 6,500.

I always enjoy reading the Dundee fans talk about our fans coming and going like it is only United who have supporters that fit into this bracket.
To be fair, Dundee dont really have these types of supporters. They couldnt even shift their paltry allocation for the Scottish Cup final against the old Rangers back in 2003

26 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
Dundee United will have bigger average home attendances this year than Dundee.  This is because we are the city’s big team.

We have already started with the boos this season....

Sorry, but it's constant negativity with you, and now you're agreeing with that old fart.

Image result for seinfeld gif

Whilst I’m looking forward to Friday night I’m not sure it’s going to be a classic.

I reckon the biggest factor for both Neilson and McPake will be to make sure they don’t lose the game.

I hope Neilson doesn’t revert to one up front or make any significant team changes.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whilst I’m looking forward to Friday night I’m not sure it’s going to be a classic.

I reckon the biggest factor for both Neilson and McPake will be to make sure they don’t lose the game.

I hope Neilson doesn’t revert to one up front or make any significant team changes.

I'm going to disagree. We were static against Inverness and whatever the f**k it is we tried definitely didn't work.

We will go all out I think and Neilson will be encouraged by our last game and go attack heavy. I see plenty of goals.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'm going to disagree. We were static against Inverness and whatever the f**k it is we tried definitely didn't work.

We will go all out I think and Neilson will be encouraged by our last game and go attack heavy. I see plenty of goals.

I hope you’re right, I think it’s what both sets of fans would want.  However the managers might have a different perspective.

We’ve been solid defensively other than the opening match, including against Aberdeen but then everyone seems to be defensively solid against them. I think we’ll play two up top, Johnson and Hemmings, both really dangerous. We need to supply them though and I’d be keen to go with Todd and McDaid, give the team more balance with McGowan dropping out. Byrne and Ness in the middle, big call to drop Finlay Robertson though as he’s been outstanding for us. Just feel a wee breather might help him and us. Same defence as last few games too. It’s a pretty solid team, just need to keep Shankland quiet which is easier said than done. Think we’ll create chances. Be interesting to see if Utd sit in, which I suspect they will.

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hopefully both sets of fans behave themselves. Both have a minority of fucking roasters and it would be a shame if anything ruined the best derby in the country. 

2 hours ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Any United fans wanting a pre-match scrap dm me.

26 minutes ago, Muggy said:

We’ve been solid defensively other than the opening match, including against Aberdeen but then everyone seems to be defensively solid against them. I think we’ll play two up top, Johnson and Hemmings, both really dangerous. We need to supply them though and I’d be keen to go with Todd and McDaid, give the team more balance with McGowan dropping out. Byrne and Ness in the middle, big call to drop Finlay Robertson though as he’s been outstanding for us. Just feel a wee breather might help him and us. Same defence as last few games too. It’s a pretty solid team, just need to keep Shankland quiet which is easier said than done. Think we’ll create chances. Be interesting to see if Utd sit in, which I suspect they will.

That’s just crazy talk.

Why would a team that has clear defensive frailties such as ourselves (having conceded 2 league goals already this season) sit in and invite the combined might go Hemnings, Nelson and Johnson upon us?

Nope, better to do what we have done thus far this season, get on the front foot, get the ball out wide to the players that can deliver quality balls into the box, for the lethal finisher that is Shankland (couldn’t lace  Hemmings boots to be fair, but he does his best), to win the game for us.

I will be really interested too see  exactlyhow dangerous this Dundee line up actually is, as this only evidence I have seen of it so far is from the most diehard Dees on social media. Most realistic pundits (and your results and stats) have you as bang average at best at the moment.

We’ll see what happens on Friday,.

That’s just crazy talk.
Why would a team that has clear defensive frailties such as ourselves (having conceded 2 league goals already this season) sit in and invite the combined might go Hemnings, Nelson and Johnson upon us?
Nope, better to do what we have done thus far this season, get on the front foot, get the ball out wide to the players that can deliver quality balls into the box, for the lethal finisher that is Shankland (couldn’t lace  Hemmings boots to be fair, but he does his best), to win the game for us.
I will be really interested too see  exactlyhow dangerous this Dundee line up actually is, as this only evidence I have seen of it so far is from the most diehard Dees on social media. Most realistic pundits (and your results and stats) have you as bang average at best at the moment.

I’m hoping we can recreate the form that destroyed Aberdeen 1-0 for 89 minutes.

That’s just crazy talk.

I don’t think it’s crazy talk when it’s Neilson’s tactics we’re talking about. Dundee struggle against sides who sit in a bit and counter. Neilson’s default seems to be more defensive minded, granted he seems to have strayed from that so far this season. Wouldn’t be surprised if he reverted to default and try to pick us off.

2 minutes ago, Muggy said:

I don’t think it’s crazy talk when it’s Neilson’s tactics we’re talking about. Dundee struggle against sides who sit in a bit and counter. Neilson’s default seems to be to more defensive minded, granted he seems to have strayed from that so far. Wouldn’t be surprised if he reverted to default and try to pick us off.

If Neilson reverts to a defensive formation after starting the league campaign so positively there will be a lot of pissed of Arabs.

I for one will tut loudly.