The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

I mentioned 3 years of gloating to which you responded that there had been three years of greeting. Do at least try to keep up. Christ, it's like talking to a child.

Well...no.  The absolute hard neck of you to tell me to keep up  when you cannot even follow a discussion made up of 1 or 2 line sentences.   

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'll give Utd fans their due, they could never be accused of not being magnanimous in victory or of displaying a degree of arrogance rarely seen outside of the OF.  

Nope siree, never. 

Come on H.K

After all of the utter shite we have taken off you lot for the last 3 years, there is f**k all chance we are not going to gloat a bit and rub your noses in tthe result, especially one like 6-2. (Again)

As for gloating... take a look at every United thread over the past 3 years. There’s barely a week goes by when some Dee hasn’t popped on with one of those Doon Derby pics we all love so much. You lot weren’t very magnanimous in victory then, or have been since.

Don’t worry, you’ll get your chance for revenge in November when we go again, and until then, we’ll enjoy this result.

That’s football.

ETA - Hurry up and post something someone likes, your 666 Greenie count is giving me the fear...🥺

Edited by MacArab

Just now, MacArab said:

Come on H.K

After all of the utter shite we have taken off you lot for the last 3 years, there is f**k all chance we are not going to gloat a bit and rub your noses in tthe result, especially one like 6-2. (Again)

As for gloating... take a look at every United thread over the past 3 years. There’s barely a week goes by when some Dee hasn’t popped on with one of those Doon Derby pics we all love so much. You lot weren’t very magnanimous in victory then, or have been since.

Don’t worry, you’ll get your chance for revenge in November when we go again, and until then, we’ll enjoy this result.

That’s football.

To be fair MacArab, i did say we'd be giving it big style to you guys if we'd have won last Friday - no question. But, there is a distinct OF air of arrogance emanating from some of the posts here over the past week (and more) related to the league itself.  

It's all part of the cut and thrust of football forums and football itself - wouldn't be the same without it and I suspect neither of us would want it any other way.  

10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair MacArab, i did say we'd be giving it big style to you guys if we'd have won last Friday - no question. But, there is a distinct OF air of arrogance emanating from some of the posts here over the past week (and more) related to the league itself.  

It's all part of the cut and thrust of football forums and football itself - wouldn't be the same without it and I suspect neither of us would want it any other way.  

I’m not too sure how serious everyone is being with regards to our strolling the league tbf, and those who are should know better given the last 3 years.

I would expect a fair few are just keen to get a rise out of any rivals looking in, and to a certain extent, they have been quite successful in that regard. 

Sorted out your Greenie issue btw.

1 minute ago, MacArab said:

I’m not too sure how serious everyone is being with regards to our strolling the league tbf, and those who are should know better given the last 3 years.

I would expect a fair few are just keen to get a rise out of any rivals looking in, and to a certain extent, they have been quite successful in that regard. 

Sorted out your Greenie issue btw.

Yep, I get that.  But, a fair few have set themselves up for a fall - only a foolish man would be shouting from the rooftops how you're going to skoosh it, there is no upside and only potential downside to such statements.  

Cheers for the greenie!  

1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:

Pity dominoes only go up to 6 or I could have put up Dundee's record derby score!

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Which is?

C’mon, that’s an hour you’ve had.  Is your reluctance due to your biggest win being 5-0 which we have matched?

You can get that on a domino.

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

C’mon, that’s an hour you’ve had.  Is your reluctance due to your biggest win being 5-0 which we have matched?

You can get that on a domino.

You're two dots short of a domino.

6 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

In the 50's, so I suppose as it was pre 1979 it doesn't count eh!

I looked on the Dundee derby wiki page and there’s no mention of it.  It says our heaviest defeat to you was 5-0 in 1926 at Dens.

We beat you by the same margin at Dens in 1965.

Are you sure you’re right?  Was it League or cup?

PS do you want to know whose ahead on head-to-head wins.