The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Those highlights. Could the guys stand away from the mic though? Dundee fans staying until number 6 went in, like they were gonna claw back 3 goals?

That the arabzone ones aye? If so then I totally agree, tbh I'm not a fan in general of our commentators on there.

Fair play to the Dees who did stick around to the bitter end. I was meant to be meeting my Dee mate and his brother for drinks after the match, but they went home right after Harkes scored. The p***ks.

5 minutes ago, captainkev said:

That the arabzone ones aye? If so then I totally agree, tbh I'm not a fan in general of our commentators on there.

Fair play to the Dees who did stick around to the bitter end. I was meant to be meeting my Dee mate and his brother for drinks after the match, but they went home right after Harkes scored. The p***ks.

Total  respect to the Dees that stuck it to the end as you say, but even more so to those who came down to the front of the JK to clap their team off.

Fair fucks!!!

Total  respect to the Dees that stuck it to the end as you say, but even more so to those who came down to the front of the JK to clap their team off.
Fair fucks!!!

I stayed to the end but left straight after the whistle. Not surprised people clapped to be completely honest. I’ve watched Dundee teams in the past get pumped plenty of times and many of those times the players on the park just completely gave up, you couldn’t say that on Friday though. Thought Dundee kept fighting right to the end and it would have been easy to throw the towel in.

It was a strange game and most of the DABs I’ve spoke to since have admitted the same whereby it seemed like every time United went forward the ball was flying in the goal.

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I stayed to the end but left straight after the whistle. Not surprised people clapped to be completely honest. I’ve watched Dundee teams in the past get pumped plenty of times and many of those times the players on the park just completely gave up, you couldn’t say that on Friday though. Thought Dundee kept fighting right to the end and it would have been easy to throw the towel in.

It was a strange game and most of the DABs I’ve spoke to since have admitted the same whereby it seemed like every time United went forward the ball was flying in the goal.

I had row M to myself in the corner of the Kerr after the penalty. Stayed to the end. Not a single players looked up bar Cammy and even then, only McDaid clapped those who were left in the stand.

One roaster at the very front railing leaned over at McPake going towards the tunnel and screamed something to the effect of "I hope you get fucking sacked" or something equally tasteful.

Whom is arguing that? 
The past day has seen numerous United fans claim that bringing up the doon derby is "living in the past" yet they keep harping on about two (yes, 2) 6-2 scorelines. Those were both in the past, too. 
I like how you want to move the goalposts about what it may or not mean in the future. I feel you've played your hand too early. 
And the first 6-2 was before the Doon Derby.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Dele said:
Whom is arguing that? 
The past day has seen numerous United fans claim that bringing up the doon derby is "living in the past" yet they keep harping on about two (yes, 2) 6-2 scorelines. Those were both in the past, too. 
I like how you want to move the goalposts about what it may or not mean in the future. I feel you've played your hand too early. 

And the first 6-2 was before the Doon Derby.

And the second was after, and the only one that’s relevant to this season.

Never mind you might beat us 6-2 at Dens next time around.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The result is covering up for the biggest minter of the match. That thing that looked to be embracing paedophilia that the George Kerr stand unveiled was just unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

They also glorify rapey b*****ds, it’s just the way they are.

Dear oh dear. I think you should do the decent thing and walk away from this thread. The barrel has been scraped beyond recognition with this (I'm hoping) final attempt at using the deflector shields to avoid the cold hard reality of the mauling on Friday night.

Concentrate on what comes next, focus your energy on a series of winnable league games and move on.  Use this as a time for reflection ahead of the next derby in November. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A man holding a child's hand and a message saying this is a way of life is definitely dodgy IMO.

"More than a club, it's a way of life", with a picture of a father holding his son's hand and your mind is immediately drawn to thoughts of sexual abuse. Creepy b*****d.

A man holding a child's hand and a message saying this is a way of life is definitely dodgy IMO.
Havent seen it, maybe pics could be provided for judgement, but on the face of it this is why people in this day and age are scared to do anything to helps kids.

Il never have a son now, but if someone called me a paedo for walking to the football holding my wee lassies hands I would likely have a serious heads gone tbh.