The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You talk some amount of shite.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely it’s enough that you repeatedly go on about Boris and Trump on a football forum?  Please, no need to reference more politicians.

I’ve obviously hit a nerve.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely it’s enough that you repeatedly go on about Boris and Trump on a football forum?  Please, no need to reference more politicians.

Isn't this what got him his ban the last time? 

Mojo and Rioja, what a mix. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Unfortunately, I think this may very well be the season you finally move on from that. 

I think whatever happens there is obviously the potential for the new benchmark of mockery to be set.

The relegation game and the Wighton goal is the last one. Even last night doesn't really completely eclipse that given the bigger story that will unfold over the season (a brilliant result in isolation but too early to be season defining). Whoever gets promoted at the expense of the other team has the new 'thing' to use over the next few seasons. This is especially true if the last derby in April 2020 has a say in things.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I think whatever happens there is obviously the potential for the new benchmark of mockery to be set.

The relegation game and the Wighton goal is the last one. Even last night doesn't really completely eclipse that given the bigger story that will unfold over the season (a brilliant result in isolation but too early to be season defining). Whoever gets promoted at the expense of the other team has the new 'thing' to use over the next few seasons. This is especially true if the last derby in April 2020 has a say in things.

Must say I agree completely with the above sentiments for a potential fresh benchmark.

Personally I'd be satisfied with Dundee having a successful play-off campaign this season if United were to finally clinch the title at their fourth attempt.

In fairness, it probably still won't erase your past four seasons of misery and sour emotive memories though.

Remember though, a league campaign is a marathon, not a sprint.  (Source - Bill Shankly)

Best regards  

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Must say I agree completely with the above sentiments for a potential fresh benchmark.

Personally I'd be satisfied with Dundee having a successful play-off campaign this season if United were to finally clinch the title at their fourth attempt.

In fairness, it probably still won't erase your past four seasons of misery and sour emotive memories though.

Remember though, a league campaign is a marathon, not a sprint.  (Source - Bill Shankly)

Best regards  

How many seasons were Dundee in the Championship?

Just watched the goals on ArabZone. Can’t decide if Hamilton or Forster is the bigger diddy.

Appere really took his goal well and the second Dundee goal was well worked.

Edited by Granny Danger

Just now, Dele said:

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. 

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Kinky

Aye if just changed it; fucking autocorrect should recognise the word “diddy” in any thread relating to Dundee FC.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Appere really took his goal well and the second Dundee goal was well worked.

It is good to see the young lad Appere get a chance in the first team this season and it looks like that spell in the juniors with Broughty has done him real good.   It was a nice finish for the second as well.

On the subject of youth it would be good to see more of Scott Banks again and hopefully Declan Glass gets game time once his Cove loan expires.