The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

Shankland was limping as he came off last night so not sure if he picked that up during the game or the rumours of him picking up an injury at the start of the week were true. Could be the best explanation for him being so quiet last night.

28 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Shankland was limping as he came off last night so not sure if he picked that up during the game or the rumours of him picking up an injury at the start of the week were true. Could be the best explanation for him being so quiet last night.

I thought it was the weight of his wallet weighing him down. He's on 18 grand a week and 5 grand a goal. Must be taking it out of him carrying it about.

He'll be needing a hip operation come January.

I thought it was the weight of his wallet weighing him down. He's on 18 grand a week and 5 grand a goal. Must be taking it out of him carrying it about.
He'll be needing a hip operation come January.
Wish people would get this right, it's £23k a week and £8k a goal.

Hamilton is honking but that United keeper is somehow even worse.

Forster is a lump.

We’re great up front but defence is invisible.

Utd could have shot from anywhere and it would have gone in.

Utd looked very effective.

Yes, I’m still raging.

Thank you.

Hamilton is honking but that United keeper is somehow even worse.

Forster is a lump.

We’re great up front but defence is invisible.

Utd could have shot from anywhere and it would have gone in.

Utd looked very effective.

Yes, I’m still raging.

Thank you.

Siegrist worse than Hamilton? Calm down.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Agree with everything else, but this is nonsense. Would bite your arm off to swap the keepers.

It would be very Dundee United of us if this result is what finally convinces McPake to go and get a new keeper ASAP.

While last night I thought Seigrist was shaky and I was not overly convinced by him coming out to punch things at times, he has been pretty good in recent games and even world class keepers are capable of having a poor 90 minutes. 

I guess the conditions last night would also have made things a lot more treacherous for both keepers in particular  as well.

However worse then Hamilton absolutely no way.

13 hours ago, Dele said:

As I've always said, they fail to cakewalk the league it's ten times worse than all that has gone before. 

A load of boys tonight were questioning McPake etc. Not often you'll score a legitimate goal by at least two yards that gets chopped off. Not often you'll walk in 4-1 down at half time either. It is what it is, United got all the luck in the playoffs and still fucked it. They're getting all the luck still. If they fail to cakewalk this league, then the £3,200per week wee Shanky is on (before win and goal bonus) will be laughably funny. 

Unlucky ***

United will win the league at a canter. Their defence is shite but rest of their team is too good for the rest.

One thing I can’t understand re Hamilton is by the time that looping Butcher header was in the air why couldn’t he get himself in position to stand up and catch that ball? He started scrambling over and diving almost as soon as Butcher headed it. A goalkeeper is an absolute must - got to be an experienced keeper sitting on a bench somewhere who would come in and do the basics? We also need a centre half but a goalie who could organise and come out for a cross would be a huge start.

Sounds ridiculous to say but we’re moving in the right direction. We absolutely deserved to lose but it seemed absolutely everything went against us, most from our own players.

Edited to add: I actually thought Shankland was excellent. He uses his body well and is clever in how he plays. Surely if he can stay clear of injuries he’ll end up moving on again sometime soon?

4 minutes ago, Muggy said:

United will win the league at a canter. Their defence is shite but rest of their team is too good for the rest.

One thing I can’t understand re Hamilton is by the time that looping Butcher header was in the air why couldn’t he get himself in position to stand up and catch that ball? He started scrambling over and diving almost as soon as Butcher headed it.

I have only seen him play 3 times but getting caught under high balls (williams jpg) seems to be a real weakness.

How long did the linesman take to disallow that goal?

Admittedly did not pay attention to him with the flag staying down and just waited for the restart of play.

I did realise anything had been reversed until the crowds reaction to the decision and never say the flag go up.

How long did the linesman take to disallow that goal?
Admittedly did not pay attention to him with the flag staying down and just waited for the restart of play.
I did realise anything had been reversed until the crowds reaction to the decision and never say the flag go up.

The delay was just long enough for maximum hilarity. Comedy is all about the timing.

He knew what he was doing.