The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

I know why folk are saying Shankland had a bad game, but really, it was just a game where we didn't get him the ball.

The ball was rarely crossed into the box, played into his feet or down the channels. He didn't really get a half-chance - apart from the peno obvz.

It wasn't until late on when we created a couple of chances from open play for Cammy Smith.

RandomGuy always tries desperately to come across as knowledgeable despite having no fucking clue. Not surprised to see him deciding Shankland is shite on the basis of one game, just conveniently ignoring that he’s ripped this league apart for the last season and a bit and that his movement and hold up play is normally excellent. Anyone who thinks he’s just a goal scorer (or just good at penalties) hasn’t paid any attention to him over the past 2 years.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

RandomGuy always tries desperately to come across as knowledgeable despite having no fucking clue. Not surprised to see him deciding Shankland is shite on the basis of one game, just conveniently ignoring that he’s ripped this league apart for the last season and a bit and that his movement and hold up play is normally excellent. Anyone who thinks he’s just a goal scorer (or just good at penalties) hasn’t paid any attention to him over the past 2 years.

I'm not saying this to sound like a dick, I'm just curious. But weren't there a lot of Ayr United fans who said that Shankland would be poor without Moffat alongside him?

It's lovely to see somebody pop off at Shankland and Ayr fans scuttle to his defence. No matter how many times it's done, no matter how obvious it is what's happening they still arrive in droves. 

Every. Fucking. Time. 

Edited by Dele

11 hours ago, Dele said:

As I've always said, they fail to cakewalk the league it's ten times worse than all that has gone before. 

A load of boys tonight were questioning McPake etc. Not often you'll score a legitimate goal by at least two yards that gets chopped off. Not often you'll walk in 4-1 down at half time either. It is what it is, United got all the luck in the playoffs and still fucked it. They're getting all the luck still. If they fail to cakewalk this league, then the £3,200per week wee Shanky is on (before win and goal bonus) will be laughably funny. 

Keep telling yourself that 👍

12 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I'm not saying this to sound like a dick, I'm just curious. But weren't there a lot of Ayr United fans who said that Shankland would be poor without Moffat alongside him?

I don’t think anyone said he’d be poor but Moffat (rightly) gets a lot of the credit for the chances and space he made for him. While still effective our top 2 didn’t click the same when we played Moore instead of Moffat. 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's lovely to see somebody pop off at Hemmings and Dundee fans scuttle to his defence. No matter how many times it's done, no matter how obvious it is what's happening they still arrive in droves. 

Every. Fucking. Time. 

FTFY.

I just like taking the opportunity to call out RandomGuy on his shite tbh.

On 22/08/2019 at 17:54, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just thought that since we're both already talking about it, might as well start the thread already and save the clutter from the team threads.

Looking forward to seeing tons of empty orange seats as Hemmings puts on his Doon glasses and runs riot. 3-2 the Dee.

On 22/08/2019 at 18:38, Crawford said:

3-0. Hemmings 2 and McPake junior to add a stoppage time FU. Hamilton to put in the match of his career.

On 23/08/2019 at 07:40, Ylf said:

1-2 dundee. hamilton to be rock solid hemmings double emoji41.png

1567249753531165.gif

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It was tbh an utterly bizarre game. The chalked off goal (I just wonder how different the game might have been but hey-ho - if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle). A goal from a corner that wasn't a corner. Forster giving away an unnecessary free-kick that led to Appere's goal. McDaid completely losing his footing and giving away the penalty. 2 huge deflections for 2 of the goals. Hamilton and Marshall getting in each other's way for the first.

One of those nights where everything United did went right and our defence kept having brainfarts.

The crazy thing is that United will play far better than this and lose games. Not bitter - if you can't do the simple defensive basics then you don't deserve to win.

I have to agree 100% with the comments above, a catalogue of errors made the game a hard watch from our perspective.

The fine malt from last night may be a distant memory however our 1st half general defending is unfortunately not.

Plenty time still to improve, which we undoubtedly will but paint it no other way, the better team over 90mins won the game.

Sore one, honestly didn't see that result in the post!!!!!! 

Best regards   

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was expecting some all action, dynamic, forward play from Shankland considering the past week has been United fans demanding hes in the Scotland squad.

Underwhelmed, but not surprised, to see he looks nothing more than a slighty above average Championship striker. Too slow to get behind, too small to win headers, too weak to hold off bigger defenders.

Wind-up? Or are you really spectacularly missing the point?

I take it all back, get him in the Scotland squad!

The farmers have spent fucking years shouting for their players to get called up. Im sure some of you were shouting for steven anderson to get a call up at one point. They have also been pushing for zander clark to get up a call up even though he is also pish.

For the record, i agree that shankland been touted for a call up is ridiculous

5 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Even though we got a deserved pumping last night its definitely good to see the dundee derby back.

These games are always played in the right spirit,no off field baggage and fans who behave themselves is how it should be.

Agree, fair play to you too for that.

The atmosphere was brilliant, as a game of football it was great to watch.  I obviously feel better about it than you this morning, but even the ones where we've lost I can't argue that I didn't enjoy the build up, nerves and atmosphere. Can't beat it!