The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

5 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Was boring winning every derby. 

United have been a shell of a club since we relegated them on our own patch.

Since 2012 there have been 16 competitive derby fixtures.

You have won 4.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Since 2012 there have been 16 competitive derby fixtures.

You have won 4.

So if you take those 4 that we've won and analyse them in isolation then you will see that we have won every derby.

It was tbh an utterly bizarre game. The chalked off goal (I just wonder how different the game might have been but hey-ho - if my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle). A goal from a corner that wasn't a corner. Forster giving away an unnecessary free-kick that led to Appere's goal. McDaid completely losing his footing and giving away the penalty. 2 huge deflections for 2 of the goals. Hamilton and Marshall getting in each other's way for the first.

One of those nights where everything United did went right and our defence kept having brainfarts.

The crazy thing is that United will play far better than this and lose games. Not bitter - if you can't do the simple defensive basics then you don't deserve to win.

I am not hurting as much as I thought I would after that. The United win was completely deserved but the score flattered United, they were gifted more than they created. Not sour grapes, just the way I see it.

Anyway, other Derby's could learn from this game. Great banter before the game, a game played at a great pace with great passion from both sets of fans, without any trouble. The rivalry is clearly there, just without the bullshit. 

This game will definitely not make a negative appearance on the "Scotland's Shame" thread. Well done to fans from the city and Angus for doing it right.

I'm sure the bragging rights will return to Dens then back to Tannadice again for years to come.