The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesn't when you're trying to paint him as a striker who scores regardless of form.

We lost to County, but our left back scored a penalty, should I be boasting about how great a striker he is that he can score when hes not creating chances for himself?

He also won the header to assist for the second.  8 goals and 2 assists  in 4 games with only 1 pen in that. 

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesn't when you're trying to paint him as a striker who scores regardless of form.

We lost to County, but our left back scored a penalty, should I be boasting about how great a striker he is that he can score when hes not creating chances for himself?

An intelligent and well thought out point.

@RandomGuy. . You are having a nightmare here m9. Shankland is scoring every week, you can't take it away that the boy is a good striker.

Funny how we don't see you for weeks until you sign May, completely over rated by Fermers. I would rather have Shankland than May.

Here is hoping he has a fall out with Wright in a 'Foster' style bust up and is dropped. So we don't have to see your shite filling our threads for a while.

You’d think it would be bitter Dees on here having meltdowns this morning but no some St Johnstone muppet comes charging on to have a go at a striker with 8 goals and 2 assists in his first four league games, making a complete arse of himself in the process. Brilliant.

Was expecting some all action, dynamic, forward play from Shankland considering the past week has been United fans demanding hes in the Scotland squad.
Underwhelmed, but not surprised, to see he looks nothing more than a slighty above average Championship striker. Too slow to get behind, too small to win headers, too weak to hold off bigger defenders.

He certainly shouldn’t be in the Scotland squad but your last few sentences are completely untrue.

As I've always said, they fail to cakewalk the league it's ten times worse than all that has gone before. 
A load of boys tonight were questioning McPake etc. Not often you'll score a legitimate goal by at least two yards that gets chopped off. Not often you'll walk in 4-1 down at half time either. It is what it is, United got all the luck in the playoffs and still fucked it. They're getting all the luck still. If they fail to cakewalk this league, then the £3,200per week wee Shanky is on (before win and goal bonus) will be laughably funny. 

What’s laughably funny is you support that shite!

What a fucking night that was, absolutely brilliant game and atmosphere from the start.

I don’t actually think you can draw too much about either team from that, we were both just flinging everything at each other and for a 20 minute spell everything we hit towards goal went in.

I actually think we played better last week at Dunfermline in terms of controlling the game , and there were points at 5-2 when I was utterly bricking it, fair play to Dundee for actually showing some bollocks in the second half, but overall we did deserve to win, at times the movement from back to front was a joy to watch.

For me I would genuinely start to think about starting Butcher at centre half and Harkes in the middle, both of them have been first class in those roles the last couple of games. I also can’t believe how assured and mature Louis Appere has been so far this season, fantastic for the lad.

Walking back to our seats at half time and seeing Harkes’s goal fly in to the corner was absolutely beautiful, as was watching Mcgowan stomping red faced past the shed at the full time whistle.

Our derby is the envy of all others in Scottish football.
This post sums up the game perfectly.

He scored a penalty, won by someone else, let's not paint this as him having some predatory instinct that overwhelms a poor game.
If United fans have convinced themselves his goal return us sustainable then more power to them, he doesnt look any more than a bottom half striker based on what I seen.

Maybe he just had a poor game? (That was my opinion and I'd imagine most others)

Honestly the audacity of these BNBs. Arse felt again and yous still talk shite. You’re a wee diddy club! Go moan to your daddy why he was such a walloper for making you do it ffs!
Your teams just won 6-2 but your still a raging fanny.