The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

Even though we got a deserved pumping last night its definitely good to see the dundee derby back.

These games are always played in the right spirit,no off field baggage and fans who behave themselves is how it should be.

Can't argue with that.

f**k being a fan of a club (Aberdeen and St J) who can't experience nights like last night.

Imagine being absolutely bodied by a team that contains players like Callum Butcher? Dundee supporters insisted that Butcher and others were absolute toilet. It is almost as if they didn't actually know what they were talking about.
6-2 is an absolute minter of a scoreline. Totally. Pumped.  

NINTCHDBPICT000517502618.jpg.1e79ba0e96c93831d25dd7701dd82c63.jpg
5eb016c0-ad9e-4f9b-bd7a-84d52ae19484.thumb.jpg.24682c32c1b5565dfc2bdad264e81438.jpg
76186115-e9e0-41d4-b5ca-56175a753ec7.thumb.jpg.5cadf6909267f79a7ca09a21859ceb7e.jpg
The puss on that wifey steward [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, Jock Tamson said:

Can't argue with that.

f**k being a fan of a club (Aberdeen and St J) who can't experience nights like last night.

It would be nice if all the derby matches this season were sell outs.

It would be nice if some of the Arabs who were there last night come to a few more games.

As an aside, BBC gave man of the match to McMullan; he had a decent game but certainly not my choice.

It would be nice if all the derby matches this season were sell outs.
It would be nice if some of the Arabs who were there last night come to a few more games.
As an aside, BBC gave man of the match to McMullan; he had a decent game but certainly not my choice.
McMullan was a constant threat imo, but I agree that Butcher and Appere were Mom candidates.

McMullan is coming on a treat though and seems to be loving his football.

Was expecting some all action, dynamic, forward play from Shankland considering the past week has been United fans demanding hes in the Scotland squad.

Underwhelmed, but not surprised, to see he looks nothing more than a slighty above average Championship striker. Too slow to get behind, too small to win headers, too weak to hold off bigger defenders.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

McMullan was a constant threat imo, but I agree that Butcher and Appere were Mom candidates.

McMullan is coming on a treat though and seems to be loving his football.

He certainly seemed to enjoy last night, and about 50% of his crosses are now decent where before it was about 10%.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was expecting some all action, dynamic, forward play from Shankland considering the past week has been United fans demanding hes in the Scotland squad.

Underwhelmed, but not surprised, to see he looks nothing more than a slighty above average Championship striker. Too slow to get behind, too small to win headers, too weak to hold off bigger defenders.

Yeah he’s shite.  No one should let 8 (eight) goals in four league games fool them.

Fair play to United they were the better team on the night BUT not by that scoreline errors in our defence and errors by officials helped a little. United will play better than that this season and an lose  Dundee will play worse and win …………..its the nature of the beast. All iin all a good advert for football in the city with a great display from both sets of fans and both teams...……….hope everyone had a safe night

Aye ok, zoomer.

Quiet game. Still notched. Double figures.

Underwhelming right enough.

Aye ok, zoomer.

Quiet game. Still notched. Double figures.

Underwhelming right enough.

He scored a penalty, won by someone else, let's not paint this as him having some predatory instinct that overwhelms a poor game.

If United fans have convinced themselves his goal return us sustainable then more power to them, he doesnt look any more than a bottom half striker based on what I seen.

He scored a penalty, won by someone else, let's not paint this as him having some predatory instinct that overwhelms a poor game.
If United fans have convinced themselves his goal return us sustainable then more power to them, he doesnt look any more than a bottom half striker based on what I seen.
Ah, didn't realise pens don't count. Apologies.

It doesn't when you're trying to paint him as a striker who scores regardless of form.

We lost to County, but our left back scored a penalty, should I be boasting about how great a striker he is that he can score when hes not creating chances for himself?

It doesn't when you're trying to paint him as a striker who scores regardless of form.
We lost to County, but our left back scored a penalty, should I be boasting about how great a striker he is that he can score when hes not creating chances for himself?
Now you're just being a tit.

Double figures and we're still in August. Yes, yes, I'll say he's a striker who scores regardless of form.

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:

Now you're just being a tit.Double figures and we're still in August. 

Exactly, as I say, its not sustainable so he'll have a dip in form. 

Last night showed hes almost pointless if hes not playing well, as theres nothing about him that's particularly special enough to get beyond that (apart from his ability to score penalties, I suppose).

Let's see how he does, and what you think of him, when he has a run of poor games.

Well you didn’t see either the Inverness or Dunfermline games where he was utterly unplayable.

Strikers by their nature will be up and down, but to not play at your best and still notch a goal (however it’s scored) and an assist is the mark of a good one.

I realise you’re trying to get bites, but you’re really best using other avenues to get them. I’m more than happy for outsiders looking in to say they’re underwhelmed or he’s mediocre, that should mean we keep our hands on him for longer.

Rarely watch utd these days due to other Saturday commitments.
Was a crazy game. Most nervous being 5-2 up game ever. On reflection we had only 11 shots and 44% possession yet pump in 6 goals. In that horrible 25 minutes in the 2nd half I thought the young left back Marshall was outstanding for Dundee. Thought Peter Pawlett was magnificent for utd. Far better work rate and in more significant areas than McMullen.
Great to see Appere progress but when he got forced back to left back in that bad period it hurt us. There were no out balls available.

Overall quality severely lacking but entertainment a plenty.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Exactly, as I say, its not sustainable so he'll have a dip in form. 

Last night showed hes almost pointless if hes not playing well, as theres nothing about him that's particularly special enough to get beyond that (apart from his ability to score penalties, I suppose).

Let's see how he does, and what you think of him, when he has a run of poor games.

Don't agree. The thing that is particularly special about him is that he is a fantastic finisher. Even when he is not playing well in terms of contributing to open play he will get goals from a cross or ball into his feet in front of goal. Good strikers don't always need to play well. 

22 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If penalties didn’t count we would be promoted by now after going up in the playoffs due to our prowess at stone-paper-scissors.