The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Ignoring the chalked off goal and the not a corner goal, you don't deserve to win games defending like we did.

Surprised by it. Looked solid in the other games.

Sometimes  everything comes up gold for the other team and you just get pumped (ie us vs Falkirk) and that's certainly what's happened tonight.

Brilliant game for a neutral, but since I'm not a neutral, gonna get steaming now. But first...

• When that United attack shows up like they did today, they'll give a hiding to most teams in the Championship, they'll punish any mistakes and pounce on any piece of good luck. Today also showed they're not completely dependant on Shankland.
  • Despite the score, Dundee were not completely outclassed. Controlled their own half in midfield and created chances, a mix of bad luck and poor defending against a very dangerous attack was their undoing.
  • Set pieces are difference makers at this level. United looked dangerous (and scored) from theirs, Dundee did not. This has to change.
  • I like Forster believe it or not, he's a tough as nails blood and thunder defender who throws himself in to everything but after that performance he needs a spell on the bench.
  • Who ever threw their scarf on the pitch can f**k off.
Edited by EpicMike

Just now, EpicMike said:

Brilliant game for a neutral, but since I'm not a neutral, gonna get steaming now. But first...

• When that United attack shows up like they did today, they'll give a hiding to most teams in the Championship, they'll punish any mistakes and pounce on any piece of good luck. Today also showed they're not completely dependant on Shankland.
  • Despite the score, Dundee were not completely outclassed. Controlled their own half in midfield and created chances, a mix of bad luck and poor defending against a very dangerous attack was their undoing.
  • Set pieces are difference makers at this level. United looked dangerous (and scored) from theirs, Dundee did not. This has to change.
  • I like Forster believe it or not, he's a tough as nails blood and thunder defender who throws himself in to everything but after that performance he needs a spell in bench.
  • Who ever threw their scarf on the pitch can f**k off.

Very good summary, Mike.

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

Dundee 🤣🤣🤣

Lex😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

McPake pretty much throwing his CB's under the bus there, scathing of their penalty box defending.

"Throwing under the bus" is a term generally used when a manager tries to deflect from his own deficiencies and blame the players. McPake was absolutely correct to say the defending was shite because, well, it was. 

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Not bad for a one man team

Can't argue with that, tbf.

Did you know that Calum Butcher scored more goals in this game than Ravanelli scored for Dundee in the entire month of August in 2003?

13 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Because your game was absolute dross and I switched over.

Because it wasn't 5-0 when it was 0-zzzzzzzzzzzz

Because the game had been mentioned a few times in this thread as you will have read.

Off you pop to bed now. You'll need to be up early for your coal round in the morning.

19 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Calm down pal you follow St Johnstone who are crap right now. Was just pointing out that's it's pretty irrelevant on a Dundee Derby thread & no one in Dundee gives a crap if you want to talk about the game post it on the actual thread . 

I work in a four star hotel you absolute Muppet is the reason that you are on the Dundee Derby thread is cause you want to know what a proper local derby is all about? I'm just here to see the meltdowns 

Nevermind I'm off to enjoy my Chinese ain't got time for people from Perth. Enjoy watching St Johnstone play dire football against Kilmarnock tomorrow that should be fun 👍

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

"Throwing under the bus" is a term generally used when a manager tries to deflect from his own deficiencies and blame the players. McPake was absolutely correct to say the defending was shite because, well, it was. 

It was .. but who signed them?

Can't argue with that, tbf.
Did you know that Calum Butcher scored more goals in this game than Ravanelli scored for Dundee in the entire month of August in 2003?
He's also now scored the same number of goals in Dundee derbies as that Caniggia fellow... ;)

This has certainly been coming. The first half-decent team we've played that's actually played like a half-decent team and we're steamrollered.

Play-off at best for us now. Although I'm not sure I'd even fancy us in that against the League One teams.