The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're trying to claim theres not much between you and the team who are beating you 6-2 despite having a 20 minute breather at the end of the match.

That's not what I said though.

Do you want me to repeat it to you?

I said there wasn't much difference between the front lines/midfields - the real difference was our defensive ineptidude - not just one player but across the backline (Hamilton included).

That I said was the real worry.

You're trying to claim theres not much between you and the team who are beating you 6-2 despite having a 20 minute breather at the end of the match.
What a strange, strange game though.

I've never seen a team look nervous at 5-2 up before.

Wrongly chalked off goal, another keeper error, mcdaid having a brain-fade, deflections a-plenty!

Dundee were absolutely the better team in the second half, and for much of the first. Mental stuff.

And the strangest element is United scoring 6 and shankland only getting one (sclaffed penalty at that).

Just now, pandarilla said:

What a strange, strange game though.

I've never seen a team look nervous at 5-2 up before.

Wrongly chalked off goal, another keeper error, mcdaid having a brain-fade, deflections a-plenty!

Dundee were absolutely the better team in the second half, and for much of the first. Mental stuff.

And the strangest element is United scoring 6 and shankland only getting one (sclaffed penalty at that).

You can have a pint for that!!

If we’d shown some real ruthlessness and not just sat off Dundee for 30 mins in the second half, that could’ve been double figures.

We had two attacks towards the end of that spell, and had one cleared off the line and scored the other.

Anyone notice Neilson screaming at Butcher to lob the ball into the corner on 89 mins when we’re 6-2 up? 🤨

11 minutes ago, Super Caley Man said:

Why are you saying this on a Dundee Derby thread? Wouldn't it better suited on the ICT Vs Morton thread???? 🤔 

Because your game was absolute dross and I switched over.

Because it wasn't 5-0 when it was 0-zzzzzzzzzzzz

Because the game had been mentioned a few times in this thread as you will have read.

Off you pop to bed now. You'll need to be up early for your coal round in the morning.

Edited by 7-2

Just now, ArabFC said:

If we’d shown some real ruthlessness and not just sat off Dundee for 30 mins in the second half, that could’ve been double figures.

We had two attacks towards the end of that spell, and had one cleared off the line and scored the other.

Anyone notice Neilson screaming at Butcher to lob the ball into the corner on 89 mins when we’re 6-2 up? 🤨

Based on the shot he had towards the end, if he had tried to lob it in the corner, it would have rattled in for his hat trick.

14 hours ago, coppola said:

No convinced the Dundee defence is as solid as most seem to be saying, only team who've actually had a go at them so far have been Dunfermline and they looked all over the shop for a lot of that game. Really hope Neilson sends us out to attack them. High tempo start, try to put them under pressure and get the crowd right into it. Get all over that diddy Hamilton and I think we'll get some joy.

Being right is fun.