The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

I'm simultaneously really looking forward to this and absolutely dreading it. Recent history suggests that a packed crowd for a game on TV  at Tannadice means we'll shit the bed so hard that it'll make Spud's effort in Trainspotting look a slight skid mark on the sheets in comparison. But since the debacle against East Fife, our league form has left very little to complain about. 

If he was fully fit, then I'd have Pawlett in for Clark on the left and keep Appere up front. But, as he's apparently not quite there yet, I'm thinking it might be better tomorrow to have Clark up front with Shankland, putting Appere out left to begin with.

While our team's overall form in the league has been pleasing this far, I hope we see someone other than Shankland chipping in on the goal scoring front.

McPake's had Dundee's defence consistently solid in pre-season and the league campaign, so it's going to be a tough test tomorrow. If there's to be a winner tomorrow, I reckon it'll be by a narrow goal margin.

Even if it's in the Championship, it's great to have the best derby in Scotland back again.

Can't wait for this match. Hoping for 9 goals (none scored by Kane Hemmings) and 4 red cards (at least one of which for Kane Hemmings). A win for Dundee would be preferable to give their supporters false hope, but a defeat would provide some short term loling opportunities.

The definition of a win-win.

45 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can't wait for this match. Hoping for 9 goals (none scored by Kane Hemmings) and 4 red cards (at least one of which for Kane Hemmings). A win for Dundee would be preferable to give their supporters false hope, but a defeat would provide some short term loling opportunities.

The definition of a win-win.

What's with the Hemmings hate?

He chose a title challenge rather than a relegation battle and he chose to play for a team with passionate fans rather than play in a soulless Legodome in front of 15 old guys eating Werthers Originals. Not a difficult decision. 

No convinced the Dundee defence is as solid as most seem to be saying, only team who've actually had a go at them so far have been Dunfermline and they looked all over the shop for a lot of that game. Really hope Neilson sends us out to attack them. High tempo start, try to put them under pressure and get the crowd right into it. Get all over that diddy Hamilton and I think we'll get some joy.

No convinced the Dundee defence is as solid as most seem to be saying, only team who've actually had a go at them so far have been Dunfermline and they looked all over the shop for a lot of that game. Really hope Neilson sends us out to attack them. High tempo start, try to put them under pressure and get the crowd right into it. Get all over that diddy Hamilton and I think we'll get some joy.
Difficult to read too much into that first half at Dunfermline - formation was 3 at the back - it was a complete and utter failure.

We haven't done that since.

Difficult to read too much into that first half at Dunfermline - formation was 3 at the back - it was a complete and utter failure.

We haven't done that since.
Until it got forced on us at the end of the Aberdeen game, when it was also a total and utter failure.
3 at the back coming up....