The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

2 hours ago, K.T said:

Loving how confident the Arabs are tbh.

I don’t think either set of fans are displaying any genuine confidence; neither should they.

Anything can happen in a game of football, more so a derby where the stakes are so high.

If we win on Friday my primary emotion will be relief.  This will last as long as it takes to get back East of Dobbies and get on P&B.

Even in August, it wouldn't be good for Dundee to fall 7 points adrift. Think they need a draw at worst from this one. 
5 points would be a poor return with all that money spent.

What money? This is our 4th league game of the season and we still can’t put together a match squad without several youths.

Agree about not wanting to be 7 behind, but only because it’s United. If they weren’t around I reckon most Dundee fans would be content with being mid table after 4 tough games considering last season.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah but you’d probably feel quite comfortable sitting next to May and/or Johnson.

Weird to think that if we didn't sign Hemmings we could have started May and Johnson on Friday. Oh the humorous puns never to be...

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah but you’d probably feel quite comfortable sitting next to May and/or Johnson.

That's the joke, Granny. Well done for getting it. Other people might say that you're a urine soaked, demented old fool but I've seen no evidence of actual dementia.

Dunfermline fans now making up "all that money spent" nonsense 'cos they chucked away a two goal lead against a horribly disjointed Dundee side who's best player hadn't even received his standard grade results. 

awkward GIF by REYKON

Time to move on, lad.

21 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's the joke, Granny. Well done for getting it. Other people might say that you're a urine soaked, demented old fool but I've seen no evidence of actual dementia.

Maybe it’s this typical sledgehammer ‘humour’ that caused me to miss the subtlety of your earlier post.

And maybe one day ageism will be as unacceptable as racism; but maybe that’s just optimism on my part.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Maybe it’s this typical sledgehammer ‘humour’ that caused me to miss the subtlety of your earlier post.

And maybe one day ageism will be as unacceptable as racism; but maybe that’s just optimism on my part.

Let's hope you're alive to see it. 

Dunfermline fans now making up "all that money spent" nonsense 'cos they chucked away a two goal lead against a horribly disjointed Dundee side who's best player hadn't even received his standard grade results. 
200.gif&key=529d080a9d108a13a17b4ee7db5418e70974a42f4df6d79579717a398c5d2adb
Time to move on, lad.
He's just 16 so he hasn't done any SQA exams[emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

He's just 16 so he hasn't done any SQA examsemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You can be any age to sit SQA exams if the school puts you forward for them. He's also the age of being like most S4s just going into S5, in which case he will have possibly sat some exams. 

24 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

You can be any age to sit SQA exams if the school puts you forward for them. He's also the age of being like most S4s just going into S5, in which case he will have possibly sat some exams. 

I could insert a crass joke about Dundee fans not attending school, but I won't.