The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

2 hours ago, Muggy said:

I don’t think it’s crazy talk when it’s Neilson’s tactics we’re talking about. Dundee struggle against sides who sit in a bit and counter. Neilson’s default seems to be more defensive minded, granted he seems to have strayed from that so far this season. Wouldn’t be surprised if he reverted to default and try to pick us off.

Fairy Nuff if that’s what you truly think.

I agree with Granny though. (Who agreed with me in the first place) 

Thus far, Dundee have not done anything anywhere near enough IMO to rock up to Tannadice and expect United will believe that their best chance of victory will be to sit in and counter. A decent result over 90 minutes against a knackered Aberdeen who’d just been pumped out of Europe doesn’t change the fact that you’re really not world beaters.

Who knows what will happen on Friday. Derbies are strange things. But, given our respective starts to the season, I expect us to go for the jugular from the first whistle, and would expect nothing less from you lot.

Whatever happens, a full Tannadice and the return of a meaningful Derby will be a great night for the city of Dundee. Hopefully the game matches the occasion. 

Edited by MacArab

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If Neilson reverts to a defensive formation after starting the league campaign so positively there will be a lot of pissed of Arabs.

I for one will tut loudly.

I don’t think Neilson would be stupid enough to do that. At least he better not be.

I'm not confident. I'm expecting a 2-2 draw. 
I'm not particularly confident however, I believe we have enough quality in the team to see off Dundee.

The problem is the long standing tradition of United to balls up big games on TV.

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

I don’t think Neilson would be stupid enough to do that. At least he better not be.

This is a man who celebrated because he thought he won the play-off final on away goals. I wouldn't put it past him...

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is a man who celebrated because he thought he won the play-off final on away goals. I wouldn't put it past him...

f**k I forgot all about that. Firstly he celebrated 90 minutes being up like he'd just won the Champions League then he celebrated the end of extra-time. What a strange little man. 

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Is that the narrative now?

I honestly think it sounds better than him being happy to go to penalties considering he obviously didn't get the team to practice them (the narrative I backed for a while). It's a pretty bad either way if you ask me, but whatever.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I honestly think it sounds better than him being happy to go to penalties considering he obviously didn't get the team to practice them (the narrative I backed for a while). It's a pretty bad either way if you ask me, but whatever.

I thought he was simply trying to look as positive as possible for the benefit of the players although obviously that could be interpreted as celebrating taking the game to extra time and penalties. The away goals stuff is just you making up stories on the internet, which for a grown man is probably worse than either.

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I thought he was simply trying to look as positive as possible for the benefit of the players although obviously that could be interpreted as celebrating taking the game to extra time and penalties. The away goals stuff is just you making up stories on the internet, which for a grown man is probably worse than either.

Is there no end to the links between dabs and Tories recently? That is a spin that the Conservative Party would be proud of. 

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Quite the call to arms there. Sadly the last paragraph you absolutely shat it and went with "whatever happens". 

Do you know what the phrase "call to arms" means?

I don't think any rational person would have read MacArab's post as a call to arms