The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

Would any Arab like to make a £5 charity bet?
If United wins I'll donate £5 to the Archie Foundation. If Dundee wins you donate £5 to the Archie foundation.
Yeah, i will take that mate. Better making it a square tenner though

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
27 minutes ago, Crawford said:
Would any Arab like to make a £5 charity bet?
If United wins I'll donate £5 to the Archie Foundation. If Dundee wins you donate £5 to the Archie foundation.

Yeah, i will take that mate. Better making it a square tenner though

Done. 👍

Why on earth is this game on BT?
Could be having a decent Premiership fixture instead. 

Box Office FC are in the championship this year and this year only I must add. That’s why losers like yourself and Dindeleux have ventured down here.

I was speaking to someone in work yesterday who asked how next week might go and I know that it is always a bit cliche to talk about derby fixtures with he old "well, anything can happen" but for the first time in a long time that sentiment is absolutely true here.

I would guess that in 90% of derby matches over the last 10-15 years there has always been a favourite going into the game and a narrative that might suit the team who you would expect to win. This time around I genuinely do not know what to expect. Dundee are as likely to win 3-0 as United are and it is making me even more stressed out than I would normally be! Not a clue what to expect next Friday night.

For me the only really enjoyable time is the 10-15 minutes before kick-off and then when the teams comes out. The atmosphere and anticipation is brilliant in those moments just before the game starts. After the first whistle it is just 90 minutes of hoping your team doesn't f**k up. I've always said that winning a game like this is brilliant, but the feeling of losing is worse.

Have to say that selling out our allocation does not necessarily fill me with the confidence that a bouncing and full Tannadice will bring a special performance out of the team.

The last few times we have sold out our allocation (or pretty much), being Accies and St Mirren for the home ties of the playoffs, the players have almost frozen under the pressure of the expectation of the larger crowd, and delivered what can only be described as a mediocre performance each time.

That being said, I’m delighted we will fill Tannadice next weekend, and if an occasion like this doesn’t get them pllaying out of their skins, I’m not sure what else will this season. 

Bring it on.....

Have to say that selling out our allocation does not necessarily fill me with the confidence that a bouncing and full Tannadice will bring a special performance out of the team.
The last few times we have sold out our allocation (or pretty much), being Accies and St Mirren for the home ties of the playoffs, the players have almost frozen under the pressure of the expectation of the larger crowd, and delivered what can only be described as a mediocre performance each time.
That being said, I’m delighted we will fill Tannadice next weekend, and if an occasion like this doesn’t get them pllaying out of their skins, I’m not sure what else will this season. 
Bring it on.....
We've been the same when we've taken big away supports to games - St Mirren last season was peak Dundee - taking the lead after 30 seconds - should have went two up - then conceded 2 sloppy goals and never looked like winning the game.

And don't start me with that game at Almondvale all those years ago . . .