Morton vs Partick Thistle - A Proper Thread

18 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

What has Jamie Sneddon done wrong to get dropped for the bombscare that is scott Fox ?

Ballsed up and essentially handed United the win on the second goal last week. Think he's got a case to get back in now though lol

Thistle looked more interested in time wasting in the second half. Bobby Madden seemed to encourage the time wasting and then the sec we do it he is blow the whistle to speed us up.

Sir Robert only put on three minutes of stoppage time despite there being five subs, three goals and two lengthy outbreaks of SCENES in the second half. As good a performance as his stellar turn at Celtic Park in September 2013 when Efe juggled the ball to hand us the win.

Top notch bloke IMO.

d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.jpg

37 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

You absolutely deserved to be 2-0 ahead at the break and we were lucky it wasn't more. 

Anyway, that was hilarious. Sutton changed everything when he came on, but Hopkin needs to learn that defending is a necessary thing.

The gantry forced us to move from our usual spot over to near the segregation "tape". My son fair enjoyed the atmosphere, especially the scenes and the limbs everywhere at the 3rd goal.

We scored 2 goals the first one was a gift and the second to be fair to us was well worked. We were never in control of the game though.

It was scrappy we seemed to win the wee one on one  battles in the first half.  Sutton came on and was too clever for Saunders ! then Scott fox happend.  

Caldwells pish about being the fittest team in the league has already came back to bite him on the arse twice.

Just don't forget if it comes to and we need a new manager soon.. We will take Hopkin off you's  if we want to 🖕😂

To be fair he couldn't foresee his keeper chucking one in the net to get Morton back in the game

Caldwell’s tactics are atrocious, tried to sit on a 2 goal lead , guy needs punted very quickly , no doubt he will blame everything bar himself at full time 

Morton are pish to be fair, but they have Hopkins we don't. 
Caldwells subs were fucking  atrocious, we scored 2 decent goals. But to be honest I don't even think we deserved to be 2 up at half time.
Morton's defence was all over the place in the first half, Mansell never really done anything as an attacking threat but as soon as he went off Morton's defence strolled it because no one was closing them down. 
Caldwell seems to want everyone constantly counter pressing  but that only works if you can keep the ball for spells in the game. We can't keep the ball for more than a minute then we are off chasing it down again. They all looked fucked after 60 minutes.

Exactly this. It works for Liverpool because they dominate the possession and have players with immense skill. We have Alex Jones and Lewis Mansell, amongst other absolute jobbers.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Morton are pish to be fair, but they have Hopkins we don't. 

Caldwells subs were fucking  atrocious, we scored 2 decent goals. But to be honest I don't even think we deserved to be 2 up at half time.

Morton's defence was all over the place in the first half, Mansell never really done anything as an attacking threat but as soon as he went off Morton's defence strolled it because no one was closing them down. 

Caldwell seems to want everyone constantly counter pressing  but that only works if you can keep the ball for spells in the game. We can't keep the ball for more than a minute then we are off chasing it down again. They all looked fucked after 60 minutes.

I  thought both teams were pretty pish to be honest. Thistle looked slightly less pish first half, but neither team played much football in the first half. Second half, slightly better from both teams. Morton were far better when Sutton came on., not just his physical presence, but we just started playing better football (on the deck)). Your keeper did help us out a bit with our first. One thing Morton will be this season is fit, we will score a few late goals, Im not sure we we will be pretty to watch, but if we could only get a good couple of decent central defenders in we could do ok.

Sadly predictable. Caldwell seems brutally lacking in tactical nous.

New approach required. We have a few decent players in there and should be doing better. Quickly getting to the point where Caldwell has to take the blame, plenty of his signings in the squad now.

PS is Fox on a bonus for goals conceded? Is that really 9 v Hamilton, Clyde, County and Morton?

Loads of football purists are going to slam Morton's style but if nothing else its effective . We nearly blew a three goal lead at Somerset ,it could easily have been 3-3 or 3-4 ...Morton will take plenty of scalps this season ,especially when the winter sets in . They could well do a Livingston . So everybody else write Morton of at your peril .. 

26/1 for Morton to win at half time.  I thought it would go similar to the Ayr game but one better and the goal times are right in that bracket! 

Just wish I had put more than a quid on now :lol:

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Loads of football purists are going to slam Morton's style but if nothing else its effective . We nearly blew a three goal lead at Somerset ,it could easily have been 3-3 or 3-4 ...Morton will take plenty of scalps this season ,especially when the winter sets in . They could well do a Livingston . So everybody else write Morton of at your peril .. 

I don't know - the lack of defending of any kind worries me.

Best thing is a big protest banner at the next home game telling the club that they are gambling with one-in-a-row.

12 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Game looks dead, Morton don't look threatening at all, thought I'd head off and make tea.

Just wandered back into the living room, and Morton are celebrating taking the lead.

The actual f**k? Partick wyd haha

Rob MacLean's droning on made me switch off at 2-1. More fool me!

5 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I am choosing to scapegoat Scott Fox for this defeat. 

Am I doing so to simplify a catastrophic sharting which requires much more in-depth contemplation and hounding of each individual player and member of coaching staff? Yes. 

But is having Scott Fox in goal worse than cancer? Absolutely. 

What an absolutely HORRIFIC POST...…………..hang your head in shame

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I was on pause for five mins and read this post before I got to it. Pissed myself laughing as the two of them just stare vacantly into the camera. Steven Thompson's tiny pocket pose doesn't help him - but I can see why he does it.

She's just vacuous.

image.png.ee8c1654face64aa1fd4b342a371003f.png