Morton vs Partick Thistle - A Proper Thread

Just imagine losing a game where you’re 2-0 up, the opposition midfield is non-existent, their defence have the ‘free goals whenever you fancy them’ sign up, and the baldy p***k of a referee has let you foul everything and anything that moves for over an hour. Just imagine...

Just imagine your club is managed by Gary fuckin Caldwell...

No, go on, just imagine.

As I said at half time the game was crying out for John Sutton and I was surprised when he didn't come on for the whole 2nd half. We were pretty fucking hoaching until he came on.

Cameron Blues needs to be dropped surely?! 

The new boy had a pretty decent cameo appearance. Few neat touches and got stuck in.

Above all else, Nicky Cadden is the fucking goat.

As has been stated, we seem incapable of playing two 45 minutes the same. The second half was an utter disgrace. I will be surprised if Jones and Mansell score a goal between them this season and the way the defence capitulated was unbelievable. Fox started it but that’s no excuse for what happened after that!!

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell said: "We were gifted two goals but playing no where near how we should play. No bravery in possession, no passing.

"I questioned the players before the game could they do it and the answer was no. It's back to the drawing board.

"Every player must do what is asked for them."

If that’s what he thinks about the first half display it will be interesting to hear his views on the 2nd half display

Caldwell’s one of those weird specimens who’s spent their whole life in football at a high level, but appears to understand almost nothing about it. If he thinks they lost tonight because they weren’t ‘brave enough in possession’ or didn’t pass it well enough, there’s no hope for him.

Palpitations from the defence during the first half, and an inability to take the chances created. 

Defensively less terrible after the break. Third was no surprise as Partick capitulated. 

Certainly no dull games watching the Ton this season. 

15 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Pretty sure we scored 2 from set pieces including a short corner last time we were at Cappielow. That said, us defending them does give me the fear regardless of any stats to the contrary. 

3 goals conceded from set pieces ✅ 

Morton are pish to be fair, but they have Hopkins we don't. 

Caldwells subs were fucking  atrocious, we scored 2 decent goals. But to be honest I don't even think we deserved to be 2 up at half time.

Morton's defence was all over the place in the first half, Mansell never really done anything as an attacking threat but as soon as he went off Morton's defence strolled it because no one was closing them down. 

Caldwell seems to want everyone constantly counter pressing  but that only works if you can keep the ball for spells in the game. We can't keep the ball for more than a minute then we are off chasing it down again. They all looked fucked after 60 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Morton are pish to be fair, but they have Hopkins we don't. 

Caldwells subs were fucking  atrocious, we scored 2 decent goals. But to be honest I don't even think we deserved to be 2 up at half time.

Morton's defence was all over the place in the first half, Mansell never really done anything as an attacking threat but as soon as he went off Morton's defence strolled it because no one was closing them down. 

Caldwell seems to want everyone constantly counter pressing  but that only works if you can keep the ball for spells in the game. We can't keep the ball for more than a minute then we are off chasing it down again. They all looked fucked after 60 minutes.

You absolutely deserved to be 2-0 ahead at the break and we were lucky it wasn't more. 

Anyway, that was hilarious. Sutton changed everything when he came on, but Hopkin needs to learn that defending is a necessary thing.

The gantry forced us to move from our usual spot over to near the segregation "tape". My son fair enjoyed the atmosphere, especially the scenes and the limbs everywhere at the 3rd goal.