Morton vs Partick Thistle - A Proper Thread

Would expect Palmer and Robson to come in for this and we’ll line up:

- Fox
Williamson Saunders McGinty Penrice
- Cardle Palmer Bannigan Robson
- Jones Miller

We need a win here and if we play like we did on Saturday then we should. Although, I’m Morton fans will think the same.

Steven Saunders scoring in three consecutive games would be highly unlikely, but would also be a welcome indication that we’ve ended our history of being eternally shite at set pieces.

All over BTTS in this one, and subsequently expecting us to meekly fold over in a 2-0 defeat.

A proper thread *is* Morton fans fighting with each other FFS

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Steven Saunders scoring in three consecutive games would be highly unlikely, but would also be a welcome indication that we’ve ended our history of being eternally shite at set pieces.

Kinda feel "our team can't score / defend set pieces " is up there with something fans of every team say alongside "if the opposition are on a bad run, we're the team you want to play" .

We do seem to have done some work on attacking set pieces over the close season, the Airdrie game in particular where we had about 5 corners in a row and tried something different at every one of them.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Kinda feel "our team can't score / defend set pieces " is up there with something fans of every team say alongside "if the opposition are on a bad run, we're the team you want to play" .

Apart from 6 months of Liam Lindsay being a goal machine, I can’t remember the last time we felt like a genuine threat at them. But maybe you’re right and it’s just that brutal couple of years watching Sean Welsh and Stuart Bannigan failing to beat the first man that has felt like an eternity to me.

Apart from 6 months of Liam Lindsay being a goal machine, I can’t remember the last time we felt like a genuine threat at them. But maybe you’re right and it’s just that brutal couple of years watching Sean Welsh and Stuart Bannigan failing to beat the first man that has felt like an eternity to me.

We were pretty handy from them in 2012/13 as well with Ross Forbes putting them in.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Forbes to O'Ware was practically unplayable.

I think Balatoni and TOW both got double figures in seasons playing with Forbes. No coincidence.

17 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

This. Lazy as f**k, but unreal from dead balls.

I don't even think he was lazy he just never had the pace required to get to the next level. Maybe he could've been fitter but I don't think, at Morton anyway, that his effort could be questioned. 

BTTS is the only certainty here.

You’d hope with Hopkin saying Colville can play a few positions that he’s capable of dropping into defence and we start to tighten up, but continuing to see at least four goals in every game won’t be dull.