Pennyworth

scottsdad

Breaking out from the Gotham thread - anyone else been watching this?

An interesting look at alternative history '60s London. Jack Bannon does a Michael Caine impression as Alfie Pennyworth. To be truthful, the show would be a little touch better if there was no Batman connection at all. It stands up very well on its own. Plus, plenty of swearing (not seen in Gotham) and gore. A few laughs in it as well. 

So far, enjoying it a lot.

3 episodes in and fair enjoying it so far. I had expected it to have more Bruce Waynes dad and them becoming friends but the shift to be more Alfred and his mates is a good shift. 

I am waiting for the "my names Alfred Pennyworth" and a "your only supposed to blow the bloddy doors off" given the MIchael Caine accent, and quite suprised at how good Paloma Faith has been as the pyscho woman gangster. Agreed as a stand alone show without the batman connection it would still work, there is still a kind of comic book feel to it with some of the alternative history and secret societies etc but you dont have anyone with superpowers etc to make it too unbelievable

• 1 year later...

Excellent program, incredibly well done and Season 2 already out in the States, I think we’re getting it in March!!!
Really give it a go, it’s very good!!!

• 2 months later...