Brechin City FC New Gaffer

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Paul Hegarty has left the building, couldn't agree terms with Ken Ferguson at the Brechin castle centre.

Overhead the Brechin directors saying something along these lines yet Hegarty is at the game today...

11 hours ago, mo83 said:

Had the Brechin Mob hook, line, and sinker and yourself so it seems emoji39.pngemoji106.png

hook line and sinker? sadly not. when a topic like this appears and the usual suspects get rolled out and i quite clearly spotted you were on the 'bantz' with your in the know havering shite....oh yeah got me good there.....idiot :rolleyes:

hook line and sinker? sadly not. when a topic like this appears and the usual suspects get rolled out and i quite clearly spotted you were on the 'bantz' with your in the know havering shite....oh yeah got me good there.....idiot :rolleyes:
You seem rather upset?

Re Steve Aitken  , he ran citing travelling issues but he would only need to come up to Brechin once a fortnight as we train elsewhere ( Falkirk , Stirling , Perth maybe ? ) Perhaps he saw something in the talks that spooked him ? Ditto   Gavin Price .  Not sure what to make of it when 2 targets have  turned us down . We will have to make do with 3rd 4th or 5th choice  or worse Steve Campbell .

Edited by underpar
spelling ditto

Re Steve Aitken  , he ran citing travelling issues but he would only need to come up to Brechin once a fortnight as we train elsewhere ( Falkirk , Stirling , Perth maybe ? ) Perhaps he saw something in the talks that spooked him ? Ditto   Gavin Price .  Not sure what to make of it when 2 targets have  turned us down . We will have to make do with 3rd 4th or 5th choice  or worse Steve Campbell .

I haven’t seen anything about Stevie Aitken being offered the job or even applying. I saw something in the paper which said more or less translated to “I need money to do anything”.

Maybe a little update or comments about whether Aitken or Price were in fact offered the job for example would be helpful and keep the fans updated with facts rather than them having feed off  comments in newspapers or  stories from  the Stables😂 that may or not be true, the committee really do not do themselves any favours sometimes.

1 hour ago, underpar said:

47 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Aitken turned down Stirling last season, seem to recall he was waiting for a higher division team.

Bullet dodged.

Imo Aitken sees himself as above League Two. The Stirling Albion job would've been an excellent opportunity for him to rebuild his reputation, but he was too busy calling out our fans on national radio for getting him sacked, whilst refusing to acknowledge the fact we were at the foot of the table and playing the most vile football ever seen.

48 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Bullet dodged.

Imo Aitken sees himself as above League Two. The Stirling Albion job would've been an excellent opportunity for him to rebuild his reputation, but he was too busy calling out our fans on national radio for getting him sacked, whilst refusing to acknowledge the fact we were at the foot of the table and playing the most vile football ever seen.

Seems familiar :Frown:

Maybe a little update or comments about whether Aitken or Price were in fact offered the job for example would be helpful and keep the fans updated with facts rather than them having feed off  comments in newspapers or  stories from  the Stables[emoji23] that may or not be true, the committee really do not do themselves any favours sometimes.

Why on earth would the club release statements as and when they are turned down by managers? What other club does this?

What i can't understand and this has happened a few times, why just go and approach a manager instead of going through the proper process of interviewing potential candidates that have expressed an interest and have the quality to progress the club. They might even be able to see something different that may influence the club going forward even if the guy that is interviewed is not successful. Surely they must have received a few decent CV's to mull over and potentially bring in for talks. OOOO No, not us, lets just talk to Tom, Dick and Harry coz they have managed at a similar level. Jobs for the boys, get a grip and appoint someone worthy of the position and lets get the club moving forward again instead of the continuous decline.