1 relegation place?

edinabear

30 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Why does the Lowland League only have 1 relegation spot. It seems a bit strange that a 16 team league only has 1. Are there any plans to review this?

It will probably get increased when there is a proper west league. Now west teams that get relegated would be in a bit of a tricky situation.

4 hours ago, edinabear said:

Why does the Lowland League only have 1 relegation spot. It seems a bit strange that a 16 team league only has 1. Are there any plans to review this?

Why does the Highland League have no Relegation places? 

Better Question i think.

11 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Better Question i think.

Exactly same level of fitba seems strange nobody goes doon from the north ?

And here we go theres naewhere for north teams t go blah blah blah.....

Until then oh aye it's a pyramid 🙄. .......................

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Not going to be a true Pyramid till it happens.

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No allowed to say that...Until then teams in low half of  LL always  at risk yet it'll still go unnoticed  ? 

Yet this isn't the first time it's been mentioned. The reason it usually gets shot down is because it's pure criticism with no suggestion of how to change it.

9 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Better Question i think.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

8 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Not going to be a true Pyramid till it happens.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No allowed to say that...Until then teams in low half of  LL always  at risk yet it'll still go unnoticed  ? 

This is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen on here. It's a league at the bottom of the pyramid in that region, exactly the same as the EoS in tier 7. The solutions are either to have a floating boundary line (unworkable given the geography of Scotland and the part-time/amateur nature of teams towards the bottom end of the pyramid) or force teams up North who don't want to be in the pyramid to join it. The Highland League is open to applications and they actively solicited the best North Junior to join who turned them down.

Whitehill Welfare were dug meat last season and deservedly went down. Get over it and stop whining.

Well said marshmallo,couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah we"re crying out for a league or two below us but the SHFL cant force anyone to join the pyramid,the north caley league sides are warm to the idea but the north juniors are not.

You you cant force the rest of the east juniors to join the pyramid or the west juniors en-masse,its their choice.

As marshmallo said they actively pursued BoD to join but were knocked back,maybe next year BoD said but that door may get shut if Brechin get relegated into the SHFL..

Fair play  to the SLFL and EoS/SoS for being the first to set up a proper pyramid.

I'm all for a pyramid,a proper one all over Scotland and do believe it will happen but in true Scottish fashion its gonna take time.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Whitehill Welfare were dug meat last season and deservedly went down. Get over it and stop whining.

😂😂😂

They were as good as Falkirk,You had a feckn meltdown on their thread ,just you keep yer obsession up and keep chasing them reds. 😂

Dress it up all you want its still no a pyramid till the West Juniors get on board  :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

😂😂😂

They were as good as Falkirk,just you keep yer obsession up and keep chasing up them reds. 😂

Dress it up all you want its still no a pyramid till the West Juniors get on board  :thumsup2

If this is the level of discourse I'm dealing with then we'll leave it here. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

If this is the level of discourse I'm dealing with then we'll leave it here. 

Can you see the irony in your post, you turn a thread about the pyramid into a dig at Whitehill, then when someone responds your out and leaving it, sooner the better for many i would guess

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Well said marshmallo,couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah we"re crying out for a league or two below us but the SHFL cant force anyone to join the pyramid,the north caley league sides are warm to the idea but the north juniors are not.

You you cant force the rest of the east juniors to join the pyramid or the west juniors en-masse,its their choice.

As marshmallo said they actively pursued BoD to join but were knocked back,maybe next year BoD said but that door may get shut if Brechin get relegated into the SHFL..

Fair play  to the SLFL and EoS/SoS for being the first to set up a proper pyramid.

I'm all for a pyramid,a proper one all over Scotland and do believe it will happen but in true Scottish fashion its gonna take time.

The HFL also have the advantage of playing in round 1 of the Scottish Cup wi nae relegation  ? 

A tad unfair on any LL club that gets relegated and has to play at least 2 preliminaries  ? 

Just does nae sound right  ? 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The HFL also have the advantage of playing in round 1 of the Scottish Cup wi nae relegation  ? 

A tad unfair on any LL club that gets relegated and has to play at least 2 preliminaries  ? 

Just does nae sound right  ? 

What do you propose to fix this given:

1) The HL reached out to a licensed junior club who turned them down

2) The HL is open to applications but has presumably never received any

3) The boundary line becoming floating would force amateur sides at tier 7 to go on mammoth journeys  

Put every club with a licence into Round 1 and leave preliminary rounds to those without. There is a decent argument for saying that LL teams deserve to be part of the "seeding" process that applies to SPFL teams because there is a drop down option. But the North doesn't merit that in my view. They've not got any more right to seeding than any club in the EoS Premier  (who can drop further).

Until or unless there is a consistent basis to apply seeding, it should be removed. 

The stuff about "reaching out" or receiving applications doesn't constitute a pyramid. Tier 5 in the Highlands has zero pressure on it and that makes a mockery of the structure - nothing new there. 

54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What do you propose to fix this given:

1) The HL reached out to a licensed junior club who turned them down

2) The HL is open to applications but has presumably never received any

3) The boundary line becoming floating would force amateur sides at tier 7 to go on mammoth journeys  

There are no fixes as you well know but are you denying the fact that the  HFL are not advantaged in the Scottish Cup  ? 

This could easily be reviewed. 

It's not all about promotion/relegation. 

Whether we like it or no Scotland is far too lopsided for a pyramid to work and no relegation from the HFL just adds to that. 

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

Put every club with a licence into Round 1 and leave preliminary rounds to those without. There is a decent argument for saying that LL teams deserve to be part of the "seeding" process that applies to SPFL teams because there is a drop down option. But the North doesn't merit that in my view. They've not got any more right to seeding than any club in the EoS Premier  (who can drop further).

Until or unless there is a consistent basis to apply seeding, it should be removed. 

The stuff about "reaching out" or receiving applications doesn't constitute a pyramid. Tier 5 in the Highlands has zero pressure on it and that makes a mockery of the structure - nothing new there. 

Well said HTG at least you see where I'm coming from. 

The pyramid is 5 deep in the north, 7 deep in the east, 6 deep in south and kinda 4 deep in the west, with a few clubs there who play in tier 5 lowland or tier 6 south.

It's still new and emerging, is far from consistent and extends down into the level of clubs outside it who are better than many inside it in the west and east, and at least one club in the north. But no league outside it actually wants to join right now, and no clubs outside it have been refused entry (other than on criteria) in the past few years.

So right now the floors are wherever they are, and it's hardly the fault of teams on those floors that there's nothing beneath them. If you're tier 5 then you're tier 5 and it doesn't matter if you're north or south.

As for the point of the thread, I think everyone really knows there should be a minimum of a couple of relegation spots from the LL, maybe one in a play-off, but that LL clubs are frustrated that their champion only gets a play off for a play off to go up, so don't feel it right that it would be so much harder to go up than down. It's fair to have sympathy with that.

If a west league comes in at tier 6 though, it's definitely untenable.