Tonites scores

gibbymclean

37 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn 4 Kilwinning Rangers 5

(Glens scorers - Simeon 2, McRobbie, own goal)
(Buffs scorers - Syme 2, own goal, McWaters, Maitland)

Pictures and full match report to follow.

Unbelievable game

Dalry 5 St Rochs 3 with 15 mins to go when I left.
Dalry up 5.0 then St Rochs scored 2 before half time. Dalry keeper scored from a clearance for the 3rd goal..
Game finished 6.5 for Dalry

Can I just say I took my 10 year old nephew to the game and the hospitality as Dalry is brilliant. When an Adult pays to get in with a child, the child is free and they get a free burger or hotdog with chips and a juice at half time. He loved it, thought it was a great experience and wants to go back.  That's how you do it to get kid interested in a  team.  Well done Dalry
And look at all the scores tonight , great value for money. Junior fitba anyday

7 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
12 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Dalry 5 St Rochs 3 with 15 mins to go when I left.
Dalry up 5.0 then St Rochs scored 2 before half time. Dalry keeper scored from a clearance for the 3rd goal..
Game finished 6.5 for Dalry

Can I just say I took my 10 year old nephew to the game and the hospitality as Dalry is brilliant. When an Adult pays to get in with a child, the child is free and they get a free burger or hotdog with chips and a juice at half time. He loved it, thought it was a great experience and wants to go back.  That's how you do it to get kid interested in a  team.  Well done Dalry

And look at all the scores tonight , great value for money. Junior fitba anyday

What a game ! was nearly abandoned at one point lol , due to a over enthusiastic candy supporter ! but well done and good luck Dalry who are a great club very friendly indeed , also well done the candy who brought down a great support for a midweek game and i think will be in the promotion race , 

well done the candy who brought down a great support for a midweek game and i think will be in the promotion race , 

[emoji848]
I really can't see St Roch's challenging Darvel & Cumbernauld etc for promotion. Their aims will be to stay in the league.Screenshot_20190822_100711.jpeg

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

emoji848.png
I really can't see St Roch's challenging Darvel & Cumbernauld etc for promotion. Their aims will be to stay in the league.Screenshot_20190822_100711.jpeg

with ex Medda men Berto and Deasy on board , with a few more to come you never know my friend

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:57, eamonn said:

with ex Medda men Berto and Deasy on board , with a few more to come you never know my friend

Well my view of St Rochs game against Dalry.
Might be a bit harsh but I can only tell it the way I seen it

They played a back four and I didn't see anyone capable of taking command, in the air they were very susceptible, no intensity, no one wanting that ball. I will say the front line of Dalry caused the St Rochs hell as their intensity and control was excellent and that's where St Rochs lacked, no one to hit a winner of a tackle to let the two front pairing know that if they are going for the ball they will have no time to relax and will be tackled.  The two center backs looked totally out of depth or as if they were just starting in the junior grade, (no doubt someone will tell me one of them is experienced :-|) - I just never seen it..   The goalkeeper, Gee wizz, I felt bad for him, 3.0 down inside 20 minutes, even the Dalry Keeper had a 50/50 challenge to clear in his own penalty area and when he cleared it, it just looped, and looped and lopped over the despairing keeper. He actually pulled of a coupe, of cracking saves, so judgment on him could not be said as he just was not helped by any team mate in the first half.

Midfield wise, too many people thinking they can do other peoples job. There was no width, especially on their right side, (in saying that the right midfield looked suited more to central midfield.  there was a few plays on the left wing but in saying that most of the bodies were down that side so the lad on the width didn't enjoy too many chances of isolating his opponent. Lots of time the St Rochs player would run waiting on a pass, no one dropping back to the receive the ball. hardest thing to do if all your teammates in front of you are just running away and all you can see is their numbers.

The front line,, pheewwll, no one in control, again no one in charge, and too many straying offside waiting on a ball being thrown in. The Dalry defence were easily able to stay in structure, they were worried but some of the goals Dalry lost were their own fault, diving in when no need to.  St Rochs did have a few shot son target but the Dalry defence were usually blocking the shots but the two goals before half time were deserved.

Most of what St Rochs did was through the middle, no width, some good players with the ball at their feet and after the mental onslaught of being 5.0 they tried to steady the ship. They played more confidently in the second half and looked more at ease with the structure

Regarding the incident that nearly had the game abandoned, for me its all hearsay as I never seen it but a supporter was allegedly supposed to have jumped on the park and kick the ball at the Dalry Keeper. I was told it was the lad who was continually swearing from the start of the match with the big Flag on both sides of the park. The referee stopped the game until the offending supporter was ejected form the park but he never left, eventually the referee restarted at the point of the incident on the advice and pressure from both sets of players. 

I'm sorry if this is tough but the way that lad was acting there is no way as manager I would allow anyone of that nature to be a follower of the team or be involved in any capacity and that's even before the alleged running onto the park to kick the ball in the second half incident. It is the reason, (and being soaking wet), that I decided to take my 10 year nephew from the stadium. I have been working in youth football a while and been part of coaching teams that have successfully put lads into the junior and senior ranks but on the evidence of the St Rochs game with the not nice experience of a minority I just could not allow any lads I work with going to St Rochs.  Hopefully that was a once off  incident, I like to think so.
To be honest both sets of fans were boisterous and nothing really about it, just normal, there were a couple from either side shouting normal rubbish but you get that in nearly every team. Part and parcel not only of junior football but of most levels.

Dalry were 5.0 up, doing fantastic, intensity, making St Rochs run about mad and also had 3 goals chopped off for offside, all rightly so but at 5.0 down, you don't continue to chase the game, you consolidate, slow it down and don't give the ball away. I felt as Dalry continued to chase that's why the game finished up 6.5.

If you were a fan, or natural fan of football like I was then the game was well worth the entrance fee.  But what a mental game.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

12 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Vics 1-1 Meadow HT

This game going ahead every year still amazes how can a friendly jamboree still take preference over league games only in the juniors this could happen. The quicker the pyramid comes in the better and things like this no longer take preference over a league game. Ps I'm not saying you have not to play it but not at the expense of other teams having a free Saturday. I know this year it's worked out that the sectional has filled the void but what about every other year . 

This game going ahead every year still amazes how can a friendly jamboree still take preference over league games only in the juniors this could happen. The quicker the pyramid comes in the better and things like this no longer take preference over a league game. Ps I'm not saying you have not to play it but not at the expense of other teams having a free Saturday. I know this year it's worked out that the sectional has filled the void but what about every other year . 
Didn't Rangers and Celtic get to play early season friendlies in preference to competitive matches?
And they are at the top of the triangle.
So not only in the juniors!