The Binos v Cove Rangers

4 minutes ago, Cove1922 said:

At least a bus full, some already down  

Support is a bit split due to clubs behaviour, hurting attendances  and travelling support

That's good, nice to see a decent travelling away support at Forthbank, enjoy the game and don't take it too badly if the Binos beat you today. 😀

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, rhliston said:

That's good, nice to see a decent travelling away support at Forthbank, enjoy the game and don't take it too badly if the Binos beat you today. 😀

Good banter there.  Cove scored 12 goals this season already.  Stirling have had 5 shots on target from 3 games.  

All the best for the season except against us haha.

Well another defeat, again by a single goal this time 2-1. We at last managed to get a goal but in all fairness we did very little in the game to deserve anything. Highlight for most Albion fans would have been seeing a cracking shot come off the bar. 

With Brechin winning at Albion Rovers that leaves us bottom of the League. Next week we travel to Coatbridge and hope to try to get something. Another loss their and the call to remove KR will become louder. Worrying times at Forthbank. 

That has to go down as another deflating performance. I must put my hands up and say that after about 65 minutes, I totally switched off to what was happening in front of me as my mind wandered to more pressing personal matters, the things that I use the football to try and forget.

I thought we started well, and on the ball we had urgency and it looked like we were on top of the game for about the first 20 minutes. Without really creating much, the early signs were good, then all of a sudden, a lovely through ball, they go 1 up and we totally change what was initially working for us.I suspect it’s a confidence thing but nobody was pressing the ball and as I posted at Half Time, Cove players were having all the time in the world on the ball, running as much as 30 yards before a challenge came in.

Cove probably could have gone in 2 or 3 up at Half Time, we had Blair Currie to thank for that, but by God, other than Ross McGeachie and possibly Daryl Duffy, KR could have hooked the rest of the outfielders. Rotten!

The Second Half pretty much took off where the First left, people standing off the ball, nobody tracking runners, just what we have come to expect. The only surprise to me was that Cove only managed to get another 1 more goal. Sure, Peters scored for us and Wilson’s rasper hit the bar, but other than that, our play was no better than that of a McLaren or Mackay Stirling side, we honestly had no creativity going forward and we gave Cove too many chances at the back when McGeachie went off injured.

About 4 weeks ago, KR spoke about us challenging for the league. I’m no UEFA Licensed Coach but I like to think I have been watching football at this level long enough to see that is pure fantasy stuff.

The team I saw today (and against Queens Park), is so far removed from the reason I took to KR straight away. When he joined, we were in peoples faces, we were closing down every ball and every inch of space in the park. We had this mentality fighting and scrapping for every ball and if clubs were going to beat us, then they were going to have to work dam hard......could the players really look everyone in the eye and say they did that today? Aye, for about 10 minutes.

I’m reluctant to join the “Kev Out” brigade but after another 90 minutes of that, i’m struggling to come up with reasons to defend him. I still hope and want him to turn this around but the alarm bells are most certainly ringing.

Positives from today, I thought there was a lot less hoof ball, which was pleasing, I think we finally have a competent Number 1, for the first time in who knows how long. Given the service, I think Duffy will do well and Truesdale is a better option out right than McLean.

Last word on the match, Fraser Fyvie, what an absolute injustice that guy is playing at this level, absolutely strolled it and everything positive that Cove did, came through him. He was a joy to watch but should be playing higher up which makes me think he is only there because of the money. Sad.

38 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

That has to go down as another deflating performance. I must put my hands up and say that after about 65 minutes, I totally switched off to what was happening in front of me as my mind wandered to more pressing personal matters, the things that I use the football to try and forget.

I thought we started well, and on the ball we had urgency and it looked like we were on top of the game for about the first 20 minutes. Without really creating much, the early signs were good, then all of a sudden, a lovely through ball, they go 1 up and we totally change what was initially working for us.I suspect it’s a confidence thing but nobody was pressing the ball and as I posted at Half Time, Cove players were having all the time in the world on the ball, running as much as 30 yards before a challenge came in.

Cove probably could have gone in 2 or 3 up at Half Time, we had Blair Currie to thank for that, but by God, other than Ross McGeachie and possibly Daryl Duffy, KR could have hooked the rest of the outfielders. Rotten!

The Second Half pretty much took off where the First left, people standing off the ball, nobody tracking runners, just what we have come to expect. The only surprise to me was that Cove only managed to get another 1 more goal. Sure, Peters scored for us and Wilson’s rasper hit the bar, but other than that, our play was no better than that of a McLaren or Mackay Stirling side, we honestly had no creativity going forward and we gave Cove too many chances at the back when McGeachie went off injured.

About 4 weeks ago, KR spoke about us challenging for the league. I’m no UEFA Licensed Coach but I like to think I have been watching football at this level long enough to see that is pure fantasy stuff.

The team I saw today (and against Queens Park), is so far removed from the reason I took to KR straight away. When he joined, we were in peoples faces, we were closing down every ball and every inch of space in the park. We had this mentality fighting and scrapping for every ball and if clubs were going to beat us, then they were going to have to work dam hard......could the players really look everyone in the eye and say they did that today? Aye, for about 10 minutes.

I’m reluctant to join the “Kev Out” brigade but after another 90 minutes of that, i’m struggling to come up with reasons to defend him. I still hope and want him to turn this around but the alarm bells are most certainly ringing.

Positives from today, I thought there was a lot less hoof ball, which was pleasing, I think we finally have a competent Number 1, for the first time in who knows how long. Given the service, I think Duffy will do well and Truesdale is a better option out right than McLean.

Last word on the match, Fraser Fyvie, what an absolute injustice that guy is playing at this level, absolutely strolled it and everything positive that Cove did, came through him. He was a joy to watch but should be playing higher up which makes me think he is only there because of the money. Sad.

Great appraisal.  Dom was doing a good job marking Fraser and then was hooked off?  Then Fraser ran the show. 

Danny was offering a threat over the far side but was needing to track back and the 4-4-2 needed to be changed to 3-5-2 as we could all see...…...

7 hours ago, Cove1922 said:

At least a bus full, some already down  

Support is a bit split due to clubs behaviour, hurting attendances  and travelling support

Take it you mean players from last season getting dumped for new recruits?

2 minutes ago, Cove1922 said:

The way the club have behaved since winning the highland league last year has upset a lot, lost a number of fans too.  

A small issue perhaps but reflects on the Cove attitude to other Clubs. I was told today that Cowdenbeath were not supplied any food after last weeks game and initially thought it was a petty response to the play off shenanigans but turns out no club that has visited this season has received post match food after games at Cove.

i know we feed every Club with pizzas after a match. Surely the millionaire owner of cove could afford a pizza for far travelled Clubs players. It’s not a good way to introduce yourselves to the spfl and smacks of disrespect.

28 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

A small issue perhaps but reflects on the Cove attitude to other Clubs. I was told today that Cowdenbeath were not supplied any food after last weeks game and initially thought it was a petty response to the play off shenanigans but turns out no club that has visited this season has received post match food after games at Cove.

i know we feed every Club with pizzas after a match. Surely the millionaire owner of cove could afford a pizza for far travelled Clubs players. It’s not a good way to introduce yourselves to the spfl and smacks of disrespect.

That must be something new.  The club used to always provide pizza's and the like.  Though I doubt cove would be alone in this.  

Cove fan here who made the journey down to Forthbank. First time at the ground and watching Stirling Albion play.

My thoughts on the game were that Cove struggled to get into gear and didn’t really play as well as in previous matches so far this season. We lacked real impetus and creativity. Having said we missed a couple of chances (Megginson) to make it 3-0 and a well taken goal by SA with 5 minutes to go made for another nervy end. Cracker of a shot from SA prior to their goal - pretty sure that crossbar will still be Reverberating right now.

Thought that SA played well in spells and with a few tweaks a bit of confidence they will pick up points.

Fyvie showed his class today. He has a great work ethic, never stops running and controls centre mid. Hope he extends until the end of the season. 

Looking forward to seeing Queens Park visit Balmoral Park next weekend. 

Great to be in League 2 after so many years in the SFHL and travel to new grounds.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Still with the ‘Cove have a millionaire owner’ shtick on here, is it?

Cove were acting wide all last season as well re visiting teams. At least one SHFL team left without so much as a ‘thanks for coming, enjoy your season’, never mind post-match food. More than one Cove fan has expressed disappointment at how things have developed since moving into that new house of theirs.

And you can complain all you like about their fans not posting on here, they’re still not gonna.

KR great talker but cant deliver the goods long season for the binos . he will be away by Jan another disaster

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:

KR great talker but cant deliver the goods long season for the binos . he will be away by Jan another disaster

If things continue along the same lines No Wins and bottom of the League for much longer then he will be away long before Jan. No way can we afford to finish 10th in this League. 

On 24/08/2019 at 19:24, BB_Bino said:

why is it sad? how many other teams were in for him? if you had the chance to maximise your earnings, would you not do so? note however I'm fairly sure megginson could have moved before now, but his desire to play for cove is clear after few false starts elsewhere but he's presumably well compensated

Totally agree cove we well worth there win but i suspect if we dont get 3 points next saturday away to albion then i think its all over for KR dont think we can wait much longer i think his signings this season have left a lot to be desired with

Cove averaged around 400 for home games last season. Obviously gates are higher when the Dons are playing away.There was over 100 down to Forthbank ( beautiful little ground by the way). Unfortunately having the second name of Rangers pisses off a lot of the Aberdeen fans 

I’m not sure there are many cove fans 
the atmosphere was very strange at cove on Saturday, no support for the home team except for a wee cheer when they scored. No one wearing tops or scarves other than the wee cove boys who had been playing in the adjacent pitch. I got the impression the crowd were interested Aberdeen fans cos they weren’t playing. Even the owner giving discount from his own pocket on strips hasn’t resulted in many sales.
the whole club is a millionaires plaything with the only support corporate oil companies in the sponsors lounge. If it’s the future of Scottish football, stick it !
be interested to hear the size of the  away support tomorrow
That's what I've been saying all along.
No support but plenty money. A Gretna in waiting.