Ayrshire amateur leagues 1 and 2 banter and chat

mouse10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
And still use finished 3rd. Good banter mate lets see how this season goes.

Rumour had it all your players left because of management now they come running back?

If Largs can go through four managers between 2016 - 19, and struggle to find anyone to take over until this season, I doubt it’s all just down to bad management.

The standard in amateur football has slowly been on the slide for years. In my opinion this is due to different generations coming through and amateur football not being at the top of their to do list so folk can take it or leave it therefor there has to be a carrot to attract the top players from whatever team wants to dangle it. The game has changed over the years at all levels and being in the transition period as a coach, seeing how it effects clubs, boys and coaches/managers has let me believe that without some serious commitment and forward planning in years to come then the whole amateur game will struggle to get off the ground. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying I know x amount of really good lads playing Sunday football that used to play sat and don’t now for whatever reason, don’t have to train, easier for family reasons etc etc. Whatever way u spin it it’s gonna be tougher and tougher to keep lads keen and interested in sat afternoon football with more and more pull coming from their mates playing Sunday etc.

• 2 weeks later...

For me

Mauchline

Kilmarnock afc

Waverly

To win the leagues

Kilmarnock united to win play offs

West kilbride to pip irvine for promotion to the premier

With the leagues at the half way point now and games starting back on Saturday what’s folks predictions for The 3 leagues. 

2B Kilmarnock Utd
2A Mauchline Utd 
1st Irvine ( Can see them edging it )

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

For me

Mauchline

Kilmarnock afc

Waverly

To win the leagues

Kilmarnock united to win play offs

West kilbride to pip irvine for promotion to the premier

Only been to one Irvine game this season so far, looked good. Try and get back to see them. Looking at the table and watching them that’s my reason for picking them to just edge it. Mauchline is a certainty for that league. The team I’ve watched most this season. Was a toss up between Kilmarnock Utd and AFC 

Edited by Ayrshire Neautral

On 08/01/2020 at 18:57, Ayrshire Neautral said:

With the leagues at the half way point now and games starting back on Saturday what’s folks predictions for The 3 leagues. 

2B Kilmarnock Utd

2A Mauchline Utd 

1st Irvine ( Can see them edging it )

Waverley, Mauchline, killie United will win each league very easily. 

All 3 teams have crackin squads. Hard to see past any of them. 

On 12/01/2020 at 16:46, The Juice said:

What a load of shite. New farm, HT, Tarbolton, Kilbride, Ardeer would all take care off crosshouse comfortably. These lower league clubs that think the Premier is a cake walk always get found out. As new farm are finding out now as well. The gulf between the lower leagues and top 6 or 7 in the premier is colossal