Liverpool experience

Stevieda

6 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Got it in one Kuro. What a season :)

A distant memory now Rab.  You've been glory hunting a long time, most people grow out of it.  Do you think if you were a kid now, you'd have grown up a Man City 'fan' instead?

Edited by Kuro

1 minute ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Only been at Anfield once to see Palace narrowly lose 9-0. Was very disappointed with the experience. Despite the result the Palace fans out sung the Kop the whole game.
Of course we had the last laugh later that season.IMG_0149.jpg

We :lol:

Remember both well. Midweek cruising to another league title the reality is that back then the atmosphere could be pretty flat and crowds not all that big.

Palace back then had very poor crowds and certainly nothing like the excellent atmosphere generated nowadays. 

We :lol:
Remember both well. Midweek cruising to another league title the reality is that back then the atmosphere could be pretty flat and crowds not all that big.
Palace back then had very poor crowds and certainly nothing like the excellent atmosphere generated nowadays. 

When I first went to see them in the late 80s crowds were around 7-8k. I remember other fans saying that a few years earlier they would often get crowds of 30-40k. I think all the English clubs suffered from a drop off of crowds in the 80s and Palace were effected more than most.
The atmosphere they created away from home was always much better than at Selhurst. Driving back to London after the Semifinal was probably one of the best experiences it seemed that every car had red and blue scarfs out their windows with the odd car of shellshocked scousers as well that we could laugh at.

As a kid, an aunt worked with Steve Nicol's mum. She got me a signed photo of Steve Nicol. I was a bit gutted and resentful that she didn't work with the mums of decent players like John Watson, Norrie McCathie, Ian McCall or Vetle Andersen. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

As a kid, an aunt worked with Steve Nicol's mum. She got me a signed photo of Steve Nicol. I was a bit gutted and resentful that she didn't work with the mums of decent players like John Watson, Norrie McCathie, Ian McCall or Vetle Andersen. 

I know Ricky Foster's mum and could supply a photo for the right price.

If that helps?