Raith Rovers v the Pantomime Villians!

Aye your probably right.

Bit boring on here when we win. Has a single mo fan posted since the game?

Ok I’ll be the first to bite. Thought we played well given our injury list. For 80 mins Raith struggled to create anything .. whereas we could’ve maybe should’ve scored twice. Once you scored we lost the plot. Message to us is simple .. need to be more clinical. Think Hendry looks like a player .. other than that I think you might get ahead of Falkirk if you’ve got something in reserve .. as they’re not very good.

Ok I’ll be the first to bite. Thought we played well given our injury list. For 80 mins Raith struggled to create anything .. whereas we could’ve maybe should’ve scored twice. Once you scored we lost the plot. Message to us is simple .. need to be more clinical. Think Hendry looks like a player .. other than that I think you might get ahead of Falkirk if you’ve got something in reserve .. as they’re not very good.

You were very good defensively till the last 20 or so but we did have two pretty good chances in the first half despite this. If you had scored from the header at the back post first half it could have been a different game, to an extent. You were set up perfectly to sit in with 10 behind the ball for the most and counter. We had one where, it at least looked to me like Fleming made a good save 1v1 from Bowie, then Anderson just before ht could have done better at the edge of your box, having done the hard work.

By the time Bowie got the first, he was blowing out his arse, as much as your defence was. He was rightly motm today Imo. 16 years old and doesn't look out of place. We probably could have had a penalty aswell when Bowie was brought down in the second half.

We do have Vaughan and Dingwall to come back from long term injury, aswell as Robbie Thomson. Hopefully you're right.

I thought Montrose looked really good in the first half and seemed to take confidence from our defensive mistakes. They were really unlucky not to score with that diving header in the first half.

In the second half they seemed to sit back and invite us on to them. Mcglynn was right in saying that patience was the key to breaking them down. It was never a 3-0 game, you could see their heads went down after the first went in.

My motm would have been Spencer. I thought he was superb today.

You were very good defensively till the last 20 or so but we did have two pretty good chances in the first half despite this. If you had scored from the header at the back post first half it could have been a different game, to an extent. You were set up perfectly to sit in with 10 behind the ball for the most and counter. We had one where, it at least looked to me like Fleming made a good save 1v1 from Bowie, then Anderson just before ht could have done better at the edge of your box, having done the hard work.

By the time Bowie got the first, he was blowing out his arse, as much as your defence was. He was rightly motm today Imo. 16 years old and doesn't look out of place. We probably could have had a penalty aswell when Bowie was brought down in the second half.

We do have Vaughan and Dingwall to come back from long term injury, aswell as Robbie Thomson. Hopefully you're right.

Didn’t realise Bowie was that young .. you could have a talent there if he develops properly. Honestly, the Anderson chance at the end of the first half was the only one you had. As for the penalty .. I was too far away to judge . Looked like Dillo slipped and your guy fell over him. Think this league could be much closer than playing budgets would suggest.

Yeah was never a pen. Dillon did slip and it looked like Kieron knew he wasn’t getting the ball so fell over Dillon in the hope the ref would give it.

Thought Martin Rennie looked decent for Mo today!

Martin seems have suffered a huge loss of confidence in the last year. Has a great first touch and can hit a great dead ball but for some reason always takes the wrong (negative) option when heading for goal. Hopefully, he’ll rediscover his mojo .. if not .. hello juniors

A good win in the end, although we made really heavy weather of it for the most part. If the no 7 for Montrose could head a ball we'd have been 2 down by half time.

It was one of those games where nobody really stood out as playing well but it was good to see us keep our composure and finish the game strongly.

Hopefully we offer that trialist a deal. He looked a real threat after he came on.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A good win in the end, although we made really heavy weather of it for the most part. If the no 7 for Montrose could head a ball we'd have been 2 down by half time.

It was one of those games where nobody really stood out as playing well but it was good to see us keep our composure and finish the game strongly.

Hopefully we offer that trialist a deal. He looked a real threat after he came on.

OK, lets get real for a moment, the guy had 5 minutes against Stranraer, floated through a game against an EOSFL team then had 8 minutes against a team that parked the bus, now we're going to  spunk money on a deal?

OK, lets get real for a moment, the guy had 5 minutes against Stranraer, floated through a game against an EOSFL team then had 8 minutes against a team that parked the bus, now we're going to  spunk money on a deal?
Let's actually get really real for a moment. The guy is playing as a trialist to help us out 4 games into the season. He wasn't good enough for Brechin or Dumbarton last season.

SIGN UM UP.

If we’re using Gullan in the midfield, we could use another forward...but only until D and V return (hopefully). Is there a two player limit on modern apprentices?

Even so, still more concerned about defensive depth until we can see Mendy play for real.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I thought that at the time, but having seen the highlights, I didn't appreciate how much power Gullan had in his strike. 

Was hit with some power, but from that far out, he should be saving it. Went right under him too. I’m sure the lad sitting next to you yesterday would have saved that if he was in goals 

If we’re using Gullan in the midfield, we could use another forward...but only until D and V return (hopefully). Is there a two player limit on modern apprentices?
Even so, still more concerned about defensive depth until we can see Mendy play for real.

I wouldn't say he was being used in the midfield, as such. Gullan was dropping much deeper to collect the ball, but only so he could run at the Montrose defence, rather than receiving the ball with men already on him, like Bowie and Allan.

It was a nice wee tactical shift, but I wouldn't expect it to be the norm, until we're faced with another stubborn defence that's content to sit in.

I thought that at the time, but having seen the highlights, I didn't appreciate how much power Gullan had in his strike. 

Yea it was a cracking strike, from the highlights it looked like a wee deflection as it went in. I was apprehensive about Gullan signing. But he literally changed the game and we upped our game.