𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔞𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔟𝔶 - Hamilton Academical VS Motherwell

Piece of piss that, however it’s hard to overstate just how rotten Accies were today.

To be fair I thought we were excellent in the first 20 mins, culminating in an brilliant move that led to the 2nd goal. At that point it could have been 3 or 4 already and it was looking like a case of how many.

Then suddenly Accies got a goal from nothing and we never really got back to that level. Still comfortably the better side but other than a wonderful individual goal from Long, there wasn’t a great deal to get excited about in the other 70 odd minutes. 

Gallagher and Hartley absolutely strolled it at the back, Long led the line well again and continues to impress(well me anyway), while Allan Campbell was comfortably the best player on pitch. 

Won’t get carried away cause Accies looked a similar level to the likes of Morton and QOTS but an improved performance and much needed 3 points after last week dismal display.

Edited by Casagolda

That could be a really big three points for us, with most teams already having a win under their belts the league would have looked a bit worrying without the win today.

I thought James Scott did really well, though a lot of his best work came when he drifted wide. Long is progressing too and took his goal really well.

Around me there were mixed reviews though I thought Sherwin showed flashes, on the odd occasion the pitch hindered him, but an improvement on last weekend. 

Edited by AndyRoss
Many today's

You don't learn much when you're pumped by Celtic and you don't learn much when you stroll it against a team as bad as Accies were today (even if it at least was quite entertaining at times). Don't usually concentrate on the opposition but I can't think of a time I've ever seen Accies worse against us at NDP - the amount of times they passed it straight out the park/stadium or to one of our players was amazing. We made tons of unforced errors too but they didn't come close.

On our side, I totally agree with @well fan for life - Campbell by miles the best player on the park - never has a bad game against Accies for some reason. Long showed a bit of promise and took his goal well even though the defending was shite. Polworth had a good game and he seems to be the player that can play a decent forward pass - I think we've done well to get him in.

Given they were both on the pitch at the same time, I'd have liked to see Long and Scott play up front together - even though it's not the done thing to have two forwards any more.

A draw at Livi, Beat by Celtic at home and a win at NDP is pretty acceptable to me - but the nagging doubts from the past few weeks are still there at the moment - Hibs will be interesting next week.

Don't usually concentrate on the opposition but I can't think of a time I've ever seen Accies worse against us at NDP - the amount of times they passed it straight out the park/stadium or to one of our players was amazing.

Last season against the reserves springs to mind straight away.

35 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:
Neither.  We stuck with the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 hybrid.  Scott playing on the wing.  Look good at times there too

Ok, but did we play Dunne at left back and how did he look?

Yes.  Looked ok.  Still some dodgy moments but for the most part like the rest of them he was in cruise control. He did have at least two sublime passes and his delivery was not too shabby either.  

Was at both - I thought today was worse TBH.

That accies team weren’t hampered by playing with 10 men for 70+ minutes and Motherwell weren’t missing 9 players today.

On a different note interesting to see the pricing did have an effect poorest, Motherwell crowd I’ve seen at NDP. Don’t blame those that stayed away. Hopefully the old firm fans do the same but that’ll never happen.

We were always losing that game sending off or not.Men v Boys and this was exacerbated with Rice/Ronnie McDonald playing the kid Stanger at right back where as anyone who has watched the reserves know,he plays poor there...so what does he/they do?

No decent left sides players due to injuries which perhaps should have brought a recall for Leon McCann from Airdrie instead of playing McGowan there.

Nearly 1000 down on the last Saturday game in deepest winter compared to yesterday,so that  shows these idiots up with their embarrassing pricing policy yesterday which stopped fans of both teams-especially those with kids- going.

Main problem for  me is the Accies midfield and has been since we lost Greg Docherty,Ali Crawford and Lewis Ferguson as those three would have made a big difference.The fact we are relying on the injured Alston for creativity is worrying.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That accies team weren’t hampered by playing with 10 men for 70+ minutes and Motherwell weren’t missing 9 players today.

On a different note interesting to see the pricing did have an effect poorest, Motherwell crowd I’ve seen at NDP. Don’t blame those that stayed away. Hopefully the old firm fans do the same but that’ll never happen.

The Old Firm fans are so used to the prices being hiked for them that it probably doesn't bother them any more.

What annoyed us was the reason given for the increase was to pay for the extra security a full away stand requires which is fair enough but If thats the case then why hasn't it been done when Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen come calling who have all filled the away stand as well.

Only 900 tickets were sold so there were 500 odd PATG fans which is a lot more than I was expecting.

Probably cost Accies  20-25k  in lost income.

The Old Firm fans are so used to the prices being hiked for them that it probably doesn't bother them any more.
What annoyed us was the reason given for the increase was to pay for the extra security a full away stand requires which is fair enough but If thats the case then why hasn't it been done when Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen come calling who have all filled the away stand as well.
Only 900 tickets were sold so there were 500 odd PATG fans which is a lot more than I was expecting.
Probably cost Accies  20-25k  in lost income.

...... and they still had the additional security costs in anticipation of a full stand [emoji23][emoji23].

7 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The pricing was crazy, put off supporters from both sides, hopefully the club  realise very quickly it was a stupid decision and reverse it. There are no winners, both sides has less support and Hamilton made less money. Not sure if Hamilton thought they could make a killing and supporters would just bend over and take it but if so they had a shock.