The Sons vs The Blues

Two teams who were picked for 9th and 10th spots by the entire universe meet at The Rock for a slobber-knocker. Both teams sit above their predicted finishing spots right now and both coming off of excellent wins last week.  Faz always has Stranraer organised and I expect a tough game. Unless Carswell comes back I don't think we'll see any changes, so expect us to line up:

Brennan

Crawford -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Hutton (Carswell if fit)

Scullion -- McKee -- Langan -- Crossan

Layne

Hopefully big Layne is fired up against his old team and bags himself another goal or two.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I wonder if he'll be at the game since he's got nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon!

He's the pre-match entertainment this week - we've hired a dunk tank for him to sit in:

Image result for dunk tank

I'm informed the club are confident of wiping all debt with the takings.

I think this game will give us a fair idea of how our season will pan out. It's no secret that many have Stranraer as our main competition for survival and many expect both of us to struggle.

Now that the dust has settled on the Peterhead result I'm starting to fear that we revert back to shite but I also have a glimmer of hope that we may see Duffy ditch the 433 and everything will click with a new formation.

If Duffy sticks with the 433 then it will confirm that he's just another stubborn gaffer, unwilling to switch things up, in order to play the formation he wants to play instead of what suits the team. I'm hopeful he wont, but something tells me he will.

I think this game will give us a fair idea of how our season will pan out. It's no secret that many have Stranraer as our main competition for survival and many expect both of us to struggle.

Now that the dust has settled on the Peterhead result I'm starting to fear that we revert back to shite but I also have a glimmer of hope that we may see Duffy ditch the 433 and everything will click with a new formation.

If Duffy sticks with the 433 then it will confirm that he's just another stubborn gaffer, unwilling to switch things up, in order to play the formation he wants to play instead of what suits the team. I'm hopeful he wont, but something tells me he will.

I think Duffy has stupidly forced himself into playing 433 by retaining both Carswell an Hutton and adding McKee. If all three are fit I don’t see any being dropped.

If it was upto me I’d start Hutton on the bench and play a simple 442.

7 minutes ago, son hawk said:

I think Duffy has stupidly forced himself into playing 433 by retaining both Carswell an Hutton and adding McKee. If all three are fit I don’t see any being dropped.

That's too sensible for oor Jim.

5 minutes ago, son hawk said:

Whilst I do think we have far too many central midfielders that do similar jobs, Saturdays second half performance is a glimmer of hope that we might be able to put a combination out there that works.  I thought Langan was going to be a wasted signing but by the looks of it he's capable of patrolling the midfield and getting forward in support of the attackers. If we play the 4-1-4-1 formation I'd be relatively happy with any 3 from Hutton, Carswell, McKee and Langan.  Mati Zata appears to be of no use, an extremely weird signing from Duffy.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Whilst I do think we have far too many central midfielders that do similar jobs, Saturdays second half performance is a glimmer of hope that we might be able to put a combination out there that works.  I thought Langan was going to be a wasted signing but by the looks of it he's capable of patrolling the midfield and getting forward in support of the attackers. If we play the 4-1-4-1 formation I'd be relatively happy with any 3 from Hutton, Carswell, McKee and Langan.  Mati Zata appears to be of no use, an extremely weird signing from Duffy.

I would keep it the same as the second half last week, with Hutton between the defence and midfield.

It also gives us the option of playing Carswell at CB if Neill or McGeever are having a shocker again.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It baffles me how managers can be stubborn with formations when they don't suit the players at their disposal or playing guys out of position.  See also having favourite players who bring little to the team.

2 hours ago, super-son said:

I would keep it the same as the second half last week, with Hutton between the defence and midfield.

It also gives us the option of playing Carswell at CB if Neill or McGeever are having a shocker again.

Carswell should only ever be at CB in an emergency.

21 minutes ago, microdave said:

It baffles me how managers can be stubborn with formations when they don't suit the players at their disposal or playing guys out of position.  See also having favourite players who bring little to the team.

Carswell should only ever be at CB in an emergency.

It is an emergency, all our defenders are pish!

Just had a wee read of the Stranraer match preview there...

"The manager also reserved special praise for Adam Cummins, whose partner Julie gave birth to a baby boy on Sunday following an impressive performance against Raith Rovers."

That really is impressive managing such a performance while heavily pregnant.