Staggie's v The Lions

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:44, staggy1929 said:

Can't make this tomorrow as the team I play for has a play-off final on the same day, so no doubt both my team and county will lose to make this the worst weekend of all time.

Hope you got on better than County. ;)

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Who was talking about us being weak at the back again btw? We're fucking gravy lately, absolutely lovely when everyone thinks we're in shambles 

To be fair, it's not like County tested your back line!

One of the most inept defensive performances I’ve ever seen, how can you have so many players in the box and still leave the opposition unmarked? An absolute shambles from start to finish, Ross Stewart the only one that gets close to pass marks from me. Vigurs at his petulant worst in the middle, no graft, no guile. 

29 minutes ago, Stub Acme said:

One of the most inept defensive performances I’ve ever seen, how can you have so many players in the box and still leave the opposition unmarked? An absolute shambles from start to finish, Ross Stewart the only one that gets close to pass marks from me. Vigurs at his petulant worst in the middle, no graft, no guile. 

We were in for Vigurs before he went to you as well, very glad he's nowhere near us. Think we've managed to do very well with our signings yet again, Devlin an absolute masterclass

Just home and what a day and result, absolutely brilliant. 

Almost a year to the day since our last away league win, and it was on grass, who’d have thought we can win on grass again ? 

I don’t think I’ve seen us dominate a game so much for a long time, I was actually really annoyed it was only 3-1 at half time, it could and really should’ve been 6. 

Fantastic 4th goal to put the game to bed, was expecting so much better from County, but we just didn’t allow them to play. 

Great backing from the away fans as well, more of the same next week against St mirren.  

After being so critical of him against St. Johnstone, I thought Jacobs was back to his best today. Dominated the midfield and swept up almost everything. Disappointed I couldn't get time off work for his testimonial golf day.

Lawless and Robinson immense as well. Guthrie is a monster.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Just back - what a day.

With all due respect the the Ross County support on here but their team were absolutely dreadful. Surely this isn't the same team that won the championship at a canter and strengthened further during the summer; the same team that held Hearts to a 0-0 draw at their own patch? To be honest Mullin was the only player that seemed to have any chance of causing us problems.

The shambolic defending being a case in point; I felt that if chances had been taken we could easily have been four up in the first fifteen minutes. We lost some bite when Jacobs went off (yet another injury down to those pesky grass pitches).

Strangely I think County scoring just before the break did us a favour; in ensuring the team retained focus rather than switching off and thinking the game was over with 45 minutes to play.

Other than a great game to watch (from my perspective) ; my first visit to this nice tidy stadium with some really great pies; great day out.